Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What would you do if you ran the show?

Old 07-14-2006, 04:16 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What would you do if you ran the show?

What I mean is what do you think would be a good idea that's not being done for various reasons.

For example the IS350 should come with 6-MT option.

The Boxster/Cayman with a hi-po option, for example the 3.6L 325hp engine from the base Carrera. For that matter a 355hp or 400hp Cayman would not be hard to do (IMO).

S2000 with 'sport' package. Could come with mild engine tweeks and gears, plus 'race seats', maybe even delete soft-top with permanent hardtop in place or better yet a full S2000 coupe treatment.

Mustang GT with 6-MT as well as more pop but less lux/fat with factory Bullitt treatment.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, Im pretty sure they thought about it but thats not what makes them money. Porsche was having a hard enough time already with the Boxster eating up on Carreras sale and with the new Cayman as it is its a problem and with more power in the Cayman just say good bye to the Carrera. As for the Mustang they need a whole new car. I think the pencil pushers know pretty much what they are doing, in most cases. Thats my opinion.

Now if Iwas in charge.................."I got to excited and had a brain fart because its to much to write so I'll keep it to myself."
Old 07-14-2006, 04:33 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Two chicks at....oh, nevermind.

You are essentially asking, "what would you do to make the perfect car?"

Let's see:

-Chassis/suspension/transmission/trunk space of the S2000
-Steering feel of the Boxster
-BMW 3.0 inline six
-Interior styling and ML stereo of the SC430
-Features (foldaway nav, bluetooth, remote power top, iPod capability) from the Z4
-AirScarf from the SL350 and ventilated seats from the SL550
-Classic roadster proportions from the S2000, but with more interesting head/tail lights, sharper windshield angle, less generic-looking styling tweaks, etc...maybe Jaguar XK-esque styling with a nicer front end

Who wants one???
Old 07-14-2006, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would give the "s" an aluminum frame for all models to reduce up to 100lbs

then offer a type r of the s2k with forged wheels, hard top only, and carbon seats.

for gm i would make all the heavy suv's out of aluminum to make cornering, and over all performance better(gas would be better too).

for bmw i would give the m5 a cf roof like the m6 and i would make an M7 with a high out put v12 that would make the s65 look slow
Old 07-14-2006, 05:58 PM

Fire Bangle.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:04 PM
rai

Originally Posted by quickysrt,Jul 14 2006, 05:01 PM
make an M7 with a high out put v12 that would make the s65 look slow

Well I'd put some pop in the V12 to say the least it's now got 438hp from 6.0L while give it the M5 V10 treatiment and you could have a conservative 600hp
Old 07-14-2006, 06:09 PM
rai

At honda, I'd see what it'd take to get the 1.8L (civic engine) into the Fit Sport.

I'd do some type of Accord Si.

Bring back a HF CRX.

Old 07-14-2006, 06:19 PM

Discontinue all Mitsubishi models.......... except the evo. Then I would introduce a coupe into the line-up with rear wheel drive.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Work on lowering the cost of forced induction, probably turbos, so it can be used more widely.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Stack,Jul 14 2006, 06:33 PM
Two chicks at....oh, nevermind.

You are essentially asking, "what would you do to make the perfect car?"

Let's see:

-Chassis/suspension/transmission/trunk space of the S2000
-Steering feel of the Boxster
-BMW 3.0 inline six
-Interior styling and ML stereo of the SC430
-Features (foldaway nav, bluetooth, remote power top, iPod capability) from the Z4
-AirScarf from the SL350 and ventilated seats from the SL550
-Classic roadster proportions from the S2000, but with more interesting head/tail lights, sharper windshield angle, less generic-looking styling tweaks, etc...maybe Jaguar XK-esque styling with a nicer front end

Who wants one???
What are you, a woman? There are 10 billion luxury sports convertibles on the market already, but precious few hardcore roadsters. If you were 'running the show', wouldn't your ambitions stretch far beyond the current horizons?

In my version of reality:

Honda would strike a deal with GM to make the S2000 with an LS2, and properly call it the S6000. The USDM-only Honda S7200 type R would have an LS7. The original S2k shifter and other interior fitments would be perfectly retained, but add the Corvette HUD. They would bring back the CRX in an Si and HX version, and drop the butt ass ugly Element.

Porsche would drop the 'base' GT3 and return the more basic Carrera RS to their lineup with fewer options and no possibility of a sunroof. The GT3 RS and RSR would remain available to those who can withstand the ride on public roads.

GM would consolidate GMC and Chevy trucks, Pontiac and Chevy cars, and drop Buick, retaining Cadillac as a premier marque with an additional lower tier selling the most successful Buick as a Caddy. All trucks and SUVs would be sold as Chevrolets. The ownership stakes in the three dozen other companies that GM owns stock in would be liquidated. Cadillac would re-introduce the classic Fleetwood Brougham and make it just as it did in the 70's-'80s. Just because, since I am running the show after all.

Toyota would market a mid-engined version of its Yaris hatchback with the 2JZ-derived powerplant. They would also sell the diesel Yaris stateside (duh!). All the rest of Toyota's lineup would be dropped - too boring. Instead of making cars, the remaining engineering excellence of Toyota would be directed toward making a reliable x86 based operating system and web browser.

VW management would collapse into a black hole of punitive white liberal guilt, redistributing the assets of the VW group (and IKEA too) evenly amongst the poorest 25% of the world population.

BMW, Audi, MB, and dunno, maybe Volvo too would merge and form a multilateral concern called YuppieCar, offering a 2-ton luxury CVT hybrid made from 99% cruelty free recycled and reclaimed materials, and a few models of AMGs, but with manual transmissions only.

Ford group and the newly freed Chrysler would fold and their North American employees would go to work making consumer electronics products or anything else more modern than cars.

Quick Reply: What would you do if you ran the show?