Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Why I love the French.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 AM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by fishfryer
500+Hp Big Block 1970 Corvette
The reason I needed a new hood..454+ cubes...Full Roller, big heads, 850 Holley, upgraded suspension, brakes, steering, fun fun. It hasn't been to the track because I don't have slicks and it really has trouble hooking up even at 1/4 throttle off the line.
You don't necessarily need slicks, but you *definitely* need something better than Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTS tires! What's the speed rating on those, S?! Should be illegal for that car to be on those tires! Those wheels has gots to go, too... Otherwise, love it

I didn't have much difficulty putting down similar power (~520ish flywheel) in a much lighter-weight car at the drag strip on Star Specs or at the Texas Mile (airport runway) on Pilot Super Sports.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZDan
Originally Posted by fishfryer' timestamp='1357310227' post='22245264
500+Hp Big Block 1970 Corvette
The reason I needed a new hood..454+ cubes...Full Roller, big heads, 850 Holley, upgraded suspension, brakes, steering, fun fun. It hasn't been to the track because I don't have slicks and it really has trouble hooking up even at 1/4 throttle off the line.
You don't necessarily need slicks, but you *definitely* need something better than Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTS tires! What's the speed rating on those, S?! Should be illegal for that car to be on those tires! Those wheels has gots to go, too... Otherwise, love it

I didn't have much difficulty putting down similar power (~520ish flywheel) in a much lighter-weight car at the drag strip on Star Specs or at the Texas Mile (airport runway) on Pilot Super Sports.
Tiger paws came with the wheels, yes they are not great tires, but they balanced up perfectly so no real complaints except for the 225/70-15 size. The last set dry rotted on the car because I needed to run through every moving part and it took years to complete ( i've owned it 20+ years now). The next set is coming soon with 255 section rears.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

I was in Paris this summer and for the most part, the run of the mill car in France is a crap box. That said I am one of those people who you will get along with just fine unless you try to steal or destroy my property that I worked to pay for.

Yeah yeah, I have insurance, but you torch my car, and I stuff you in it while it burns. I can file a claim later.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by fishfryer
Hundreds of empty, parked cars go up in flames in France each New Year’s Eve, set afire by young revelers, a much lamented tradition that remained intact this year with 1,193 vehicles burned, Interior Minister Manuel Valls said Tuesday.
http://www.france24.com/en/20130102-...year-tradition

It's like Detroit with better food.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by vader1
Yeah yeah, I have insurance, but you torch my car, and I stuff you in it while it burns. I can file a claim later.
But if people started doing that then the torching wouldn't continue!