Carolinas A Better Place to Be

*****New Carolina's Classifieds*****

Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 PM
mlc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *****New Carolina's Classifieds*****

Hello All,

Well we finally have a classified section in the Carolina's (see above). I have moved the most recent for sale and WTB threads into there so if you are looking for your thread please go there.

In the future please if you have something for sale or WTB or have a service post it up there or it will be moved there.

Also, PLEASE note the for sale rules thread pinned there and follow them. If you don't your thread will be removed.

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by mlc
Hello All,

Well we finally have a classified section in the Carolina's (see above). I have moved the most recent for sale and WTB threads into there so if you are looking for your thread please go there.

In the future please if you have something for sale or WTB or have a service post it up there or it will be moved there.

Also, PLEASE note the for sale rules thread pinned there and follow them. If you don't your thread will be removed.

Thanks.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM
mlc

bump
Old 10-10-2012, 02:00 PM

Kevin,

I posted my WTB thread here instead of there because I am not a "Member" and I am assuming that I can't post a new thread there for that reason. I'm not planning on joining (sorry, just can't bring myself to pay for using a forum), so is there a workaround for this in the future?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:11 PM
mlc

Originally Posted by phaeton
Kevin,

I posted my WTB thread here instead of there because I am not a "Member" and I am assuming that I can't post a new thread there for that reason. I'm not planning on joining (sorry, just can't bring myself to pay for using a forum), so is there a workaround for this in the future?
Good point Thomas, I moved your WTB thread back and will allow them if they don't turn into a selling thread.

Maybe you could bring yourself to joining the club instead of just posting in a forum, the only reason we get to play here is because people decide that this is more then a forum and join. Just my .02
Old 10-11-2012, 07:52 PM

To be clear, I meant no disrespect by saying I didn't plan on joining. This is a great community and I feel privileged to be a part of it, but of the higher-than-I-care-to-admit number of automotive forums I'm a part of, and among many other interest-based forums as well, S2KI is the only one which asks participants to pay for the right to interact fully within the community. As I am on larger and smaller forums than this which are solely advertiser-and-sponsor supported (with ads which are no more obtrusive than those found here), I find it hard to believe that S2KI could not exist on this same model, and thereby disagree with the notion of charging members for community participation. Perhaps if "Membership" came with some physical perks in the form of dues being put towards an event for Members to enjoy, but the great events started by members of this site are all paid for independently of site revenue. "Unlocking" site features and benefits which should be available to all contributing members is not enough benefit to charge $20/year in my opinion. At least S2KCA offers some physical trinkets for a paid subscription instead of denying site and community features to those who choose not to pay.

In short, it's more on principal than it is about the money, but I will hold on to my $20/$40/$60/$80... either way. I will reiterate that my statement here has no reflection in how I view my fellow community members here (Members or not)... this is one of the best owner communities out there, it is very well run/managed/moderated, and I am happy to be a part of it .
Old 10-12-2012, 03:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phaeton
Kevin,

I personally would post your WTB Thread here, bc you'll get more exposure. You do not have to be a Member to post in this thread.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

So is there a grandfathering rule?

when i posted my rims for sale 3 yrs ago, i was a member, and the Carolian rules did not require you to be a member to sell your own things.

a guy revived my thread a week or so ago, then it was moved to the classified subforum, then it looks like it was deleted.

may be a scenario you want to clarify.

thanks