Duplicolor spray on bra

Check this out. Hmmm. Maybe good for autocross or to add a cool graphic

or

Old 10-21-2009, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

duplicolor takes it too far
Old 10-21-2009, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've tried it. I wasn't impressed. I bought it in black, so I could see where it was when later removing it.

It gives you a film on the vehicle that feels sort of waxy to the touch. It smudges very easily. Walk by your car and brush your leg against it, and it'll be all over your lower leg. The way it gets all over the place is not unlike antisieze compound, if anyone has ever used that stuff.

For protection: I tried this stuff in an autocross application. My two codrivers and I were in Laurinburg, a concrete autocross site that we used to test for Nationals. We put at least 50 runs on the car, so there were plenty of cones knocked down. Well, after the first cone that you hit with this stuff, wherever on your bumper you contacted it, the Duplicolor stuff will basically be gone.

It is also, in my opinion, way too thin to serve much purpose protecting from stone chips. As far as I can figure, all you'll have when a stone hits your car with this stuff on it is a new rock chip, full of this stuff. It's just too soft to really "protect" much of anything. Perhaps I didn't put on enough coats - I only applied one coat.

I'll give it one thing - it's easy to remove. It comes off with just a wash, so that aspect of it works as advertised.

I think I've still got a can of it in the garage. I can bring it to the next Raleigh meet, if anyone would like to try it out.

YMMV, just my $0.02, and all that stuff...