Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Dragon

Old 10-21-2005, 04:48 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Dragon

We decided to take a short trip to the Cherokee reservation and spend a few days. I knew when I left that I would have to do the Dragon while I was so close. It would be the first time I have driven the Tail with my S. My last trip was in my gen 2 RX7 at which time I saw about 250 S2Ks and they were hot. I decided then I was going to own one of those.

The run was super. Only other sports car there was a 911. He didn't wave back. Guess he didn't see me.

There were a ton of 2 wheelers there. Most of them acted OK but a couple did some crazy moves. Anyway, it was a beatuful day and I came down the mountain with a more confident feel about the S. Now I know what I can do with it.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:55 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Bat,

That's great. I hear this is a phenomenal road. It must be very nice to run it with no traffic!

You've probably heard this before, but if you really want to know what the S can do, go to a track day at some point. It'll blow your mind what our little car is capable of!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Oct 21 2005, 04:55 AM
Bat,

That's great. I hear this is a phenomenal road. It must be very nice to run it with no traffic!

You've probably heard this before, but if you really want to know what the S can do, go to a track day at some point. It'll blow your mind what our little car is capable of!
I have done that. I was at Summit Point a few months back and ran HPDE with the NASA group. I fell in love with 3d gear all over again. Can't wait to do VIR. I have done that twice in my FC.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:08 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 10-30-2005, 03:54 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

We have been down to the Tail twice this year and would go again, if only had the time. I wish we could have been there with the vintage group. We had know idea what the car could really do until we took it through there. What do you think your average speed was? We had a great talk with the guy who runs the lodge, his son is included (on his bike) in the magazine they publish about the area along with the S2Ks.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tachus,Oct 30 2005, 04:54 PM
We have been down to the Tail twice this year and would go again, if only had the time. I wish we could have been there with the vintage group. We had know idea what the car could really do until we took it through there. What do you think your average speed was? We had a great talk with the guy who runs the lodge, his son is included (on his bike) in the magazine they publish about the area along with the S2Ks.
I never looked at the speedo. Too occupied with keeping track of where I was all the time. It is amazing how much Deals Gap has cashed in on that 11 mile stretch of road. They reall try to keep it on the map and in the forefront.

Check out killboy.com. You may see a picture of your car on the dragon if you ran on a weekend.

I found out what these cars will do in April. My sons and I drove the dragon one weekend when there were about 200+S2Ks there. We were driving our Mazdas and tried to stay up with the Hondas but could not.
When I got back, I started shopping for a S2K. Bought mine in June.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Oct 21 2005, 07:55 AM
Bat,

You know I hear people say this all the time and totally disagree with it. I admit that I have never had the S on the track before but have had other cars on the track (I plan to get the S out there first chance I get). I think the track is a great place to find the limits of the car but as far as seeing what it will do, I think the Dragon is unmatched in this area. If you have never been, then you don't know about it. Take it from me, you can read about it and look at all the pictures in the world, but until you drive it, you have no idea what it is like.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by 44Runner,Oct 31 2005, 06:59 AM
You know I hear people say this all the time and totally disagree with it. I admit that I have never had the S on the track before but have had other cars on the track (I plan to get the S out there first chance I get). I think the track is a great place to find the limits of the car but as far as seeing what it will do, I think the Dragon is unmatched in this area. If you have never been, then you don't know about it. Take it from me, you can read about it and look at all the pictures in the world, but until you drive it, you have no idea what it is like.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

... so true.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:01 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Oh, you are the one who sold his RX8 to buy the S. We have told many people your story. We looked at the RX8 last fall along with a couple of other cars, the decision was for the S. ABSOLUTLY no regrets - except that we have to put it away for the winter. We bought our S in February, my Valentine's gift, well that was the excuse. We are just coming up to the 15,000 mile service most of it with the top down, sometimes even in the rain. What a great year, what a great car!

Quick Reply: Dragon