Carolinas A Better Place to Be

I hate AIRPORTS!!!

Old 07-21-2003, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate AIRPORTS!!!

Ok <rant on>

Yesterday morning i'm leaving Salt Lake City, i'm happy, I haven't been home in 5 days and am anxious to get home. So we leave SLC at 11:00AM flying into Atlanta, supposedly arriving at 4:43PM. We manage to hop on a retarded plane that has to make an emergency landing in Birmingham, Alabama. Pilot said "We are gonna have to make a quick stop here, I have a light on in the cockpit that needs to be checked." So we get into the airport, they find out teh problem was that some dillmunch didnt correctly fasten the cargo somehow, so the weight shifted and messed some crap up. So we take back off about an hour later, and arrive in atlanta at 5:35PM.

So my connecting flight is at 5:50PM in Concourse E. Now if any of you have been to Hartsfield International you know its one mother of an airport. So our flight came in concourse B. So i'm thinken there is a possibility if we jump on the Tram and haul it down to E. Well I get down there and the Tram is not working!! I had to sprint fromo Concourse B to Councourse E. I swear to god thats the fastest i've ever ran in my life. As I come up to the gate, I immediately know I missed the flight, no passengers around and no airplane at the gate. I say to the ticket clerk" i missed my flight to Raleigh/Durham, can you find me another flight out of here?" her response being "Oh no you didn't they transfered the flight to gate A18, and they are still boarding, you might still be able to make it"

I audible yelled "f!@#" while starting into another sprint, mind you I was wearing dress pants, dress shoes, collard shirt, with a backpack on. I get down to concourse A. The plane is still connected, I'm saved right.....wrong. They closed the doors and they gave away my spot on the plane since I didn't make it within the required time.

So yes at this point in time, im very very pissed off, its right about 6:30 or so, and they said there was another flight to Raleigh at 7:00, they put me on "top priority for standby" I went over to the 7pm flight to raleigh and they had already overbooked the flight by 17 passengers. So they told me essentially to not waste my time. So i said ok, fine. Went and waited at the next gate for the 8:25 to raleigh. I end up getting the only open seat on that plane, because i'm a delta prefered customer or something, but it was first class so I had to pay 100 bucks for an "upgrade".

So I think it's all over and dandy, nothing wrong.....ha well we get out on the runway, after waiting for 17 planes to go before us. As we are number one for take off, the right engine of the plane flat stalls and cuts off. The pilot turns the plane off, restarts it, takes it back to the terminal, switches planes and then we are off. My flight that "left at 8:25" arrives at 1115, the damned flight that left Atlanta at 10:00 beat us for cryin out loud.

I go to get my luggage, of course it not being there, I fing out it is still in Salt Lake City, I dont even bother bitching I go home, and decided to pick it up this morning.
Where I recieved an earload of shit from the baggage claim lady. So she got a hold of all my frustration.. She says to me "young man, i need your ticket claim number sticker to prove this is your bag" I replied very politely "ma'am, I lost that, i have my ticket though, with the same name that is on the bag right there, you can just check if you like" and out of nowhere she says "young man dont you dare tell me how to do my job, your not getting ahold of your bag until you show me that ticket stub" I then replied "ma'am i just need my bag, so I can go home and go back to sleep, its really not that big of a deal" and I mean there has never been a problem with me getting my bags like that before...she then says "well too darn bad, we can't seem to find it, might want to call delta customer service and talk to them bubye have a good day"

Now all the people that were also trying to claim their bags were standing behind me were like "jesus lady give the kid his bag" and comments like that. Her last comment blew it for me so it all came out "ma'am why dont you get off your buck tooth fat A@@ and go get my f!@#$%^ bag, or do you have your head so far up your can that the only thing you can think to do is piss off a 17 year old??" her response was "young man, who do you think....." as she was getting ready to give me mine " her supervisor walks up, asks my last name, flight number and so on, goes back, gets my bag, and gives it to me and says "sorry for the inconvienance, have a nice day." Ahh such sweet, sweet gratitude, I smirk at the lady and walk out Walk out, jump in the S and take a nice ride back home

Overall experience this time is that Delta blows, I always fly american, so I think i'll stay with them from now on.

Sorry for ranting I'm done.

delta

<rant off>
Old 07-21-2003, 11:52 AM

THATS WHAT I'M SAYING!!! Airlines suck!! Oh wait, my dad flys for American....oh well, sorry to hear about that. that is why I try my best to never..ever check bags. You should see how they get handled where customers cant see them. mg:
-
Just be happy u didnt have to stay in Atlanta.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:57 AM

That is the funniest travel story I have heard.

You have a lot more patience than I do.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:10 PM

"I was wearing dress pants, dress shoes, collard shirt...." Man, I bet that shirt stinks. Not as bad as a chittlin' shirt though.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:55 PM

ha ha ha, everyone is a comedian.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:08 PM

I just fly myself and save the airline hassle for someone else...

Old 07-21-2003, 04:19 PM

True that, 6 more hours and i'm certified But I dont want to make a 2,500 mile treck in that plane!
Old 07-21-2003, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by MrWizard
I audible yelled "f!@#" while starting into another sprint, mind you I was wearing a dress
Muahahha...too funny. I'm sure you were but if you didn't have that dress on you probably could of made the A18 flight back to RDU
Old 07-21-2003, 04:39 PM

Old 07-21-2003, 04:40 PM

Perfect....Another thread to whore in

Quick Reply: I hate AIRPORTS!!!