Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Jacksonville, NC S2000 Owners?

Old 11-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jacksonville, NC S2000 Owners?

Alright, I've been noticing lots and lots of S2000's around Jacksonville lately. There's a Spa Yellow that lives behind my main office and I see his S nearly everyday. It's an '02, I believe. Then there's a Suzuka Blue in town with possibly a Spugen exhaust. I've seen him 3 or 4 times around town, when I'm either in my Civic or the SunCom van.

Now today, I walk out from the Hadnot Point store to get something from the Si and I see a New Formula Red S2000 sitting in the parking lot. Nice bodykit, rims and something in vinyl decal across the windshield. I looked around to see if I could spot the owner, but no such luck and everytime I checked, the S was still sitting in the parking lot until I eventually forgot about it and then saw it was gone.

Many of these Marines are spending that hard-earned "Hazard Pay" on nice rides or mods. There are quite a few STi's around, Evos, nicely modded Civics and Preludes too! I like seeing the modifications on cars. When done right, I think it's the coolest way you can spend your money.

The other night, I encountered another Civic Si in the same color as mine. He was HEAVILY modded and as we stopped at a light, I rolled my window down to pay a compliment when he said "Hey, NICE CAR!" I laughed and told him that his Si was extremely nice. It was perfect, nice 18's with a dark gunmetal and polished lip, lowered just a "titch" and nothing overboard in the "cosmetic mods" department. Very classy. Something I would do to my Si if it were my only car.

At any rate, I wish I could meet some more S2000 owners to see if they frequent the boards at all and if they'd like to meet up with our monthly drives, meets, events and SCCA get togethers.

So, if you're an S2000 owner in the Jacksonville, NC area, feel free to give me a call or email me at ralvarez2@cox.net