S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Carolinas (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/)
-   -   the official Greenville/Spartanburg thread (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/official-greenville-spartanburg-thread-122837/)

SC_Highlander 05-13-2003 11:31 AM

the official Greenville/Spartanburg thread

ok--where'd it go?? I just went by to check out the Laurens Rd. Spa, and it was gone!

BTW, SC Highlander, did you just pass me on Laurens about 15 minutes ago? I was turning left onto Waite. Maybe we should start a Greenville/Sburg thread... ;P

JMC
Dunno about the SPA. It wasn't me that passed you on Laurens, but at about 1pm, I passed another Suzuka on Pelham going the opposite direction. I was behind a white Dodge pickup turning left onto Blacks Rd. The other Suzuka was heading toward I-85 in the left lane -- WITH THE TOP UP!!!! :eek3: :nono:

jmc1971 05-13-2003 12:11 PM

Nope, wasn't me at 1...although I must admit my top was up at lunch. New client came in this afternoon and I just couldn't subject them to my ravishing "wind blown" look! :yikes:

Have any of you other Greenville people had a wanker in a silver 350Z race up to you, rev like mad, then squeal off only to ride his brakes around every turn? I keep seeing the same guy over on the east side (Pelham/Greer/Taylors area). I've also noticed a slew of Z4s lately...and lots of middleaged women in them (no offense intended btw!).

SC_Highlander 05-13-2003 12:38 PM

There's a lady with a Z4 near where I work -- it's a dark red. I see her at least 4 times per week and I've NEVER seen her with the top down. I had a silver 350Z rev on me, but he was going the other way!!! We were the only two cars stopped at opposite lights on Roper Mountain. I got a good laugh at that! :LOL:

JDMallmotorAP1 05-13-2003 04:01 PM

hey.. whos the one that owns a spa that works a honda...i seen him around greenville like twice...

jmc1971 05-14-2003 06:12 AM

I saw a guy in his late 30's early 40's in a Spa this weekend and a young guy in a Suzuka yesterday--and that's it! Surely there are other owners out there. C'mon and tell us who you are!

I had a very nice elderly couple ask me all about my car yesterday. They even wanted to see the trunk space! I assured them that as I am single and have no kids, the lack of a backseat and huge trunk isn't a problem for me! :D

Zangerzone 05-14-2003 09:41 AM

I see a suzuka and a red S2000 everyday at one of the business on Pelham road near Scan Source. I know of 2 that lives in my neighborhood but never see them. One lives about 5 houses up the street from me. His is silver and the other one seems to belong to a woman and the car is white. There are a alot of Z4 in my neighborhood right now. So far, I have count 9. Only one is driven by a man, the rest are women. Not sure what the deal is here. Never seen a 350Z in the area yet. Only seen a blue 350Z that pops up on 14 and Pelham from time to time. If you were near Bailey's Monday, you would have seen 3 S2000 in the parking lot. My spa, my wife's co worker silver and a black one that just happens to be there.

jmc1971 05-14-2003 11:13 AM

Hi, Zangerzone. I live right off of Pelham so I'll have to look for the other Suzuka. Wonder if it was you I saw this weekend over on Woodruff? Greenville is eat up with Z4s and I've noticed most are driven by women.

Zangerzone 05-15-2003 05:46 AM

Probably not since I am not in my late 30's or early 40's as your post indicated. These days, my wife is driving my Spa yellow. I will drive it to and from work and other things but she drives it when I am at work.

JDMallmotorAP1 05-15-2003 10:55 AM

check is out... everywhere i go in spartanburg and greenville, i see a damn Z4... so in my mind... Z4s ARE PLAYED OUT but still look good. hehehe... but good thing i'm the only s2 running around burg alot :) (i got stuff to do) and the 350Z... i see them alot to... a sliver one and another but forgot what color.

oh yeah heres a good question... how old is everyone? i'll be 20 in Aug... i know, i know... i'm a youngin...so what. At least we all have something in common...the S2000 :D

SC_Highlander 05-15-2003 03:11 PM

3 sightings in 40 minutes!

I left work at about 5:50pm and got on I-385 South. I was about 5 cars behind a spa yellow (top up) at the I385/I85 junction -- the spa went north on I85 and I went south.

I exited I85 at Mauldin road at about 6:05 and on the overpass, I passed another suzuka (also top up) going the opposite way.

At 6:30 I was heading north on I85 between Woodruff Rd and Pelham Rd and saw a silver (top down :thumbup: ) in one of the southbound lanes.