Carolinas A Better Place to Be

S2k is gone- New honda in the garage!

Old 03-20-2006, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post S2k is gone- New honda in the garage!

I will sure miss the s2k, just needed something more versatile. Here is my review and comparison of the 06 Civic SI. I bought the Habanero Red SI non-nav. The K20z motor feels like an electric motor in terms of smooth revving and accelerating throughout the gears compared to the f-series, I really support Hondas decision to add balance shafts to this motor. The dbw system is only noticed during city driving, on off gas situations, not lag just not as smooth as that ancient wire system. The trans is smooth and precise, just lacks the feel of gear engagement the s2k had. So far the brakes feel very similar to the s2k, pedal feel and travel are the same to me. The SI seats are way better than the s2k seats, they feel almost like my Corbeau race seats just not as tight on the kidneys. In the s2k I felt like i was going to fall out of the car when taking hard turns. Since the Civic has gone upscale in the Honda lineup so has the interior space. I have all the room I could want in a sporty coupe. Handling we don't have to discuss, s2k hands down winner RWD>FWD, its nice that it does have a LSD and the steering ratio is higher than the ap2 s2k. The SI comes with a great factory stereo, plays MP3, xm ready, 7 speakers with sub. Its crazy that the 06 s2k is not mp3 capable for a 34k car. To sum things up, these are two way different cars. true sports car vs. sporty fun car. The SI gives me 90% of the fun I used to have in the s2k with alot more comfort and features.

oh UNC sucks, go Devils!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 10:53 AM

Sorry to see the S go, congrats on the purchase....and I agree GO DEVILS!!
Old 03-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree.... why did you ....

anyway... Chris, this thread is worthless without pics!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:24 PM

Yes, pics please. I think the SI is an incredible car for the money.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:43 PM

Congrats on the SI. I have always been a fan of the SI Civic line and the new one is no exception! Class act all the way with Honda!

I do agree on the pics angle. We need something to wet our appetite!

Hope you will still come around. Would be great to meet you and get a ride in the SI!

Deiger
Old 03-20-2006, 02:51 PM

i will get some pics as soon as the car is washed. i just got the windows tinted today 35% looks great. i will certainly miss top down driving on those awesome days. thanks for all the comments. the guy who purchased the s2k is a charleston local so the car will still be around.

c
Old 03-20-2006, 04:12 PM

DONT TRUST ANYONE WHO IS A DUKE FAN!!!

LOL just kidding I love the new civics. I give it a year till they are as popular with the teenage group as Srt-4 Neons. When kids start modding these things I guess I will have to look into FI so I can keep up!!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:02 PM

I was trying to convince my girl to trade her jetta for one. "PLEEEASE, I'll teach you how to drive a stick too!!".........ahhh...no use.....
Old 03-22-2006, 11:29 AM

I have heard that dealers are marking up the SI above MSRP. Any truth to that? (I hope not)
Old 03-22-2006, 12:00 PM

when they first hit, I saw a 3000 mark on one with navi, not sure if I saw it at hendrick or crown.

Quick Reply: S2k is gone- New honda in the garage!