Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Supercharger install eeeeek!

Old 02-22-2016, 04:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Supercharger install eeeeek!

Anybody want to help install my supercharger? I recently just got a new DD so this allows me to put some work on the s2000. I am willing to offer some cash for your services. It is a old comptech kit with the novi 1000. Doesn't look too hard to do to but would like to have someone with experience to supervise. This is my first time going F/I in any car. I am located in Charlotte, NC.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

Wish I could help for any number of reasons. Unfortunately I am near Raleigh. Good luck with your install! Very jelly.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yoyosupmang
Anybody want to help install my supercharger? I recently just got a new DD so this allows me to put some work on the s2000. I am willing to offer some cash for your services. It is a old comptech kit with the novi 1000. Doesn't look too hard to do to but would like to have someone with experience to supervise. This is my first time going F/I in any car. I am located in Charlotte, NC.
I wouldn't be much help with the install but I would like to tag along and watch and learn for sure!! Let me know what happens!

I could at least tighten bolts to spec and hold lights and tools...I could also bring some Coca Cola beverages and Sontara Maintenance Wipes...
Old 02-22-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i installed my sos stage 1 sc kit. took me a day and half. is your sc stage 1 or 2? may require tuning. is the kit new or used? and do you have everything with it? it's really not complicated, just take time.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pinky
Wish I could help for any number of reasons. Unfortunately I am near Raleigh. Good luck with your install! Very jelly.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by GUTI007
Originally Posted by yoyosupmang' timestamp='1456146479' post='23887322
I wouldn't be much help with the install but I would like to tag along and watch and learn for sure!! Let me know what happens!I could at least tighten bolts to spec and hold lights and tools...I could also bring some Coca Cola beverages and Sontara Maintenance Wipes...
When I do decide to start, I'll shoot you a quick PM. It would be a great learning experience for everyone.

Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET
i installed my sos stage 1 sc kit. took me a day and half. is your sc stage 1 or 2? may require tuning. is the kit new or used? and do you have everything with it? it's really not complicated, just take time.
It is a used comptech kit stage 1. This kit utilizes the ESM unit, no tuning required although I do want to get something to tune it later on. Only reason I stuck with the stage 1 kit is because of NC inspection. From what I've read, it should pass inspection I hope lol. Don't really want to uninstall and reinstall every year. The previous owner included a majority of all the parts. Only thing I need is a intake filter. Every thing else should be there, he used a checklist off comptech's site to double check everything.

I do want to do a before and after dyno.

I didn't receive any instructions but I found this link that has some good pictures: http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...ercharger-kit/.

I still have BBk, wheels, and over fenders to install. I think this may be the year, hopefully everything will be done. Delayed this progress for almost 6 months =(
Old 02-22-2016, 02:31 PM

if you need help I can give you hand. should be easy. it's basically the same as the sos setup. many hands make quick work. you do have a big list of things to do.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET
if you need help I can give you hand. should be easy. it's basically the same as the sos setup. many hands make quick work. you do have a big list of things to do.
Thanks! Where are you located? Main thing is the supercharger. I have all the basic tools. Andy, who I have to thank for helping me pick this kit, has the crank pulley tool. Worst case, I would just buy one and let people borrow it if they need it.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:12 PM

Greenville sc.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd love to help you man but I just don't have the time. You can, however, use my crank pulley tool and have my Comptech install instructions.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:52 AM

Thanks Andy. No worries. when I finally start, I'll contact you about the tool.

Quick Reply: Supercharger install eeeeek!