The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Attn Mom: IndyCar may move from Sonoma to Laguna Seca in 2019.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:31 PM

Received 1,185 Likes on 913 Posts
Default Attn Mom: IndyCar may move from Sonoma to Laguna Seca in 2019.

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/articl...a-13073496.php

I have mixed feelings. We always have a good time at Sonoma with you guys. It's wine country. But we've been to Laguna Seca several times for IndyCar races in the past. The view from the top of the Corkscrew is great. Lots of good things to see and do on the Monterey peninsula. It's closer to home (LA area.)

What do you think?
The following users liked this post:
vtecmom (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 07:28 AM

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
https://www.sfgate.com/sports/articl...a-13073496.php

I have mixed feelings. We always have a good time at Sonoma with you guys. It's wine country. But we've been to Laguna Seca several times for IndyCar races in the past. The view from the top of the Corkscrew is great. Lots of good things to see and do on the Monterey peninsula. It's closer to home (LA area.)

What do you think?

I think its not may butt will according to that article

I wouldn't mind a bit... I too have been to several races there over the years.... lastly with NP aka NikePenguin and we met up with Hippie Collin & his Dad

I guess there will be camping options butt if not prolly still make the trek.

Glad I got the ride in the 2 seater at Sonoma will NEVER forget what that felt like

Tanks for the heads up
Old 07-15-2018, 06:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I’m pretty excited to have them coming to PIR in a few weeks time. To get to head to the peninsula to see em race another epic track would be delightful.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:26 PM

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Laguna Seca has campsites. . . and Joy and I are already excited by the idea.
Also, the wine country down there is a hoot.
The following users liked this post:
vtecmom (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 06:59 AM

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
Laguna Seca has campsites. . . and Joy and I are already excited by the idea.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:04 PM

It's official. No more Sonoma IndyCar after September. In 19 it's Laguna Seca.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:05 PM

How so, Brian? Be more specific.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:05 PM

How so, Brian? Be more specific.
Way more easy-going, even compared to Sonoma. We've got some wineries we love down there: Wrath, Scratch, and Georis are the good ones I can think of off the top of my head. There was also a really good sparkling wine producer, but their name escapes me at the moment. There's a few wineries down there, and they're making excellent stuff depending on what you like; Pinot grows well in the Monterey hills and Santa Lucia Highlands, as does Chardonnay. Scratch and Georis source their non-Pino and non-Chard from other good areas nearby (Scratch's current cab is from Montebello Ridge, which was in the Judgement of Paris Tasting).

Joy and I have had some good stuff, but there always seems to be a new tasting room both in Carmel Valley and Carmel-By-The-Sea every time we go down there.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:36 AM

Way more easy-going, even compared to Sonoma. We've got some wineries we love down there: Wrath, Scratch, and Georis are the good ones I can think of off the top of my head. There was also a really good sparkling wine producer, but their name escapes me at the moment. There's a few wineries down there, and they're making excellent stuff depending on what you like; Pinot grows well in the Monterey hills and Santa Lucia Highlands, as does Chardonnay. Scratch and Georis source their non-Pino and non-Chard from other good areas nearby (Scratch's current cab is from Montebello Ridge, which was in the Judgement of Paris Tasting).

Joy and I have had some good stuff, but there always seems to be a new tasting room both in Carmel Valley and Carmel-By-The-Sea every time we go down there.
I look forward to trying some of that after the IndyCar race next year. We had a very good experience with Kunde in Sonoma after the IndyCar race in 16. They really treated us well, with personal attention, generous portions, and good descriptions. We ordered six bottles for shipment and have a subscription that ships six bottles per quarter. We're gong back Monday after Sonoma in September. Want to join us?
Old 07-18-2018, 03:58 PM

I look forward to trying some of that after the IndyCar race next year. We had a very good experience with Kunde in Sonoma after the IndyCar race in 16. They really treated us well, with personal attention, generous portions, and good descriptions. We ordered six bottles for shipment and have a subscription that ships six bottles per quarter. We're gong back Monday after Sonoma in September. Want to join us?
Let me talk it over with Joy; her work is usually at a fever pitch that time of year.

Quick Reply: Attn Mom: IndyCar may move from Sonoma to Laguna Seca in 2019.