The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

I just sold...

Old 07-22-2016, 06:44 AM

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Originally Posted by :hello: Monica
Originally Posted by vtecmom' timestamp='1469155643' post='24022254
[quote name=' Monica' timestamp='1469147036' post='24022180']
[quote name='vtecmom' timestamp='1469139465' post='24022124']
[quote name=' Monica' timestamp='1469137347' post='24022093']
My engagement ring! Paying for school out of pocket with the $$.

1st reaction was but realize it's not your Wedding Ring
I dint have an engagement ring just the one ring that I now can't find
I still have my little wedding band But the huge engagement ring is gone. In all honestly, it's my second engagement ring; my first one that Evan and I picked out together was lost by the big box jewelers. This one was purchased from a local diamond broker, and we didn't pick it out together; my mom and aunt came with me to pick it out and honestly I just picked out the biggest one because I was influenced by their "keeping up with the Jones'" style.
Lately the ring had been making me feel uncomfortable (the size of the diamond) and just didn't feel like my style and fit my values anymore. Besides that, the cash from selling the diamond back to the broker will pay for the rest of my pre-reqs for nursing school out of pocket. I'd much rather invest my money in my education at this time
Also, we picked out a pair of silicon wedding rings and have been wearing them for a little over a month. These new rings won't be a big deal if they're lost, they fit our active lifestyle, and we picked them out together
[/quote]

1. love the explanation
2. Similar Stripe heehee as in our rings were far from keeping up with anyone but US as we both were and still not showy or into the $$$ amount of ANYTHING regardless of the FACT that we do enjoy some fun things we've been blessed with

3. The rings we had chosen were unique ( which is why I miss mine so much ) & yeah we chose them for the art factor 70's # BBQ mine had the smallest diamond you'd ever seen and I only had it there cuz it was already there. Lapis was the main stone ( checkie C-6's when your here )

4. I am proud of your decision for school vs $$ as you will be RICHER for it & forEVER

sowwy for the :blah m0mmouth butt you touched my
[/quote]

I love your posts!! Thank you G I just looked up what a lapis is, it's beautiful!! I'll have to check out Skip's when I see you guys... in one MONTH!!
[/quote]

Yeah its in the Turquoise family but much darker blue his stone fell out once while cooking at Coco's prolly ended up in someone's pancake's

Haven't given up the search for mine which I lost in Dec hanging Christmas 's
Old 07-22-2016, 08:47 AM

Received 1,142 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by :hello: Monica
Originally Posted by vtecmom' timestamp='1469139465' post='24022124

I still have my little wedding band But the huge engagement ring is gone. In all honestly, it's my second engagement ring; my first one that Evan and I picked out together was lost by the big box jewelers. This one was purchased from a local diamond broker, and we didn't pick it out together; my mom and aunt came with me to pick it out and honestly I just picked out the biggest one because I was influenced by their "keeping up with the Jones'" style.
Lately the ring had been making me feel uncomfortable (the size of the diamond) and just didn't feel like my style and fit my values anymore. Besides that, the cash from selling the diamond back to the broker will pay for the rest of my pre-reqs for nursing school out of pocket. I'd much rather invest my money in my education at this time
Also, we picked out a pair of silicon wedding rings and have been wearing them for a little over a month. These new rings won't be a big deal if they're lost, they fit our active lifestyle, and we picked them out together
[/quote]
This strikes a chord with me on so many levels. Without question things like rings are powerful symbols in our culture - but only because of the meaning humans attach to them. The meaning you've attached is different than mainstream and that also resonates with me. It reminds me that you are someone who is genuine and has integrity.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:01 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by shareall
Originally Posted by :hello: Monica' timestamp='1469147036' post='24022180
[quote name='vtecmom' timestamp='1469139465' post='24022124']

[/quote]
This strikes a chord with me on so many levels. Without question things like rings are powerful symbols in our culture - but only because of the meaning humans attach to them. The meaning you've attached is different than mainstream and that also resonates with me. It reminds me that you are someone who is genuine and has integrity.
[/quote]

Thank you That means a lot to me I couldn't agree more with what you said!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:08 PM

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,396 Posts

A Trailer
Old 07-16-2018, 12:22 PM

Received 1,142 Likes on 1,063 Posts

The Mazda.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:48 AM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

Old 07-23-2018, 10:35 AM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts

My soul to rock n' roll.