The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Today I learned...

Old 03-25-2016, 06:23 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That I need to chill the F out about school. I keep working myself up, because I only need about three terms of school (full time) before applying for nursing school, but the classes are really hard so I need to take them slowly and be patient with myself
Old 03-28-2016, 09:23 AM

Received 1,142 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by :hello: Monica
That I need to chill the F out about school. I keep working myself up, because I only need about three terms of school (full time) before applying for nursing school, but the classes are really hard so I need to take them slowly and be patient with myself
What a coincidence...was just coming to post here about how today I learned I don't even need to write my final exam and I'll still end up with a B (buuuuuuuut I'm still gonna write it )...HOWEVER in the past I've gotten pretty wound up about school - essays being perfect, getting kickass grades, etc. It wasn't until I started this post-grad certificate that I found a calmer space. Sometimes grades do matter, but now the focus on learning what I want to learn (whereas in undergrad sometimes it was more about memorizing stuff as opposed to actually processing and retaining it). Everything in its time. You've got this!
Old 03-28-2016, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by shareall
Originally Posted by :hello: Monica' timestamp='1458958985' post='23919563
What a coincidence...was just coming to post here about how today I learned I don't even need to write my final exam and I'll still end up with a B (buuuuuuuut I'm still gonna write it )...HOWEVER in the past I've gotten pretty wound up about school - essays being perfect, getting kickass grades, etc. It wasn't until I started this post-grad certificate that I found a calmer space. Sometimes grades do matter, but now the focus on learning what I want to learn (whereas in undergrad sometimes it was more about memorizing stuff as opposed to actually processing and retaining it). Everything in its time. You've got this!
Nice work!!! I think getting the perfect grades is a part of my issue too, because to get into nursing schools on the west coast you need a 4.00 GPA plus experience in the medical field (which is why I am now working in a hospital), and the point system for the application process is just ridiculous. I'm kind of planning on just doing my best and retaining all of the info and probably applying to nursing schools in the mid-west (less competition over there!). It's funny talking to senior nurses about the GPA craziness and point systems, they all tell me that good grades doesn't mean you'll be a good nurse, it's all about your personality

Thank you C!
Old 03-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

TIL you ladies are way smarter than I am.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by :hello: Monica
It's funny talking to senior nurses about the GPA craziness and point systems, they all tell me that good grades doesn't mean you'll be a good nurse, it's all about your personality

Thank you C!
^That IS key. I always tell staff that our work (like nursing) is so different from other jobs. If you don't like your office job, you're probably not going to traumatize or otherwise harm others. In "helping professions" you are going to directly impact every single person every time you interact with them.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:06 PM

Today I learned there's a trauma competency conference which happens to be connected to a week long cruise...but I don't love the idea of cruises, I've already been to some of the destinations and (most importantly) conflicts with Mom's BBQ.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:52 PM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts

I need more money.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:30 AM

Received 564 Likes on 507 Posts

I need more sleep. More money would be nice also.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:21 AM

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,396 Posts

what those weird looking white birds with the lonnnnnnnb bee k's are called tanks 2 JPoop's
Old 03-31-2016, 05:21 PM

I learned not to put lotion on my legs right before yoga class... so slippery!!

Quick Reply: Today I learned...