Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Fall drive?

Old 09-13-2014, 03:34 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Fall drive?

Anyone else want to do that drive we did last year about this time. Something dairy... I know there was concern about the roads but anyone been up that way to check it out??
Old 09-13-2014, 06:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Was this a run that Corey put together?
Old 09-13-2014, 08:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm interested. Never did a run. Depends on what day. My schedule changes every 2 weeks. So if I'm off I would be interested. So count me as a maybe.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:30 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

March was the last update Corey gave on road conditions https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...-drive-update/

Didn't sound promising...don't know if anyone is up that way that can update....

Maybe we combine a run in the new hope area to the Evans Meet. Starting at the park n ride in yardley and heading up the jersey side backroads because river road has too many Sunday drivers. I'm thinking we dont have to go directly there, we can leave earlier and take a "scenic" route. I may take a trip that way tomorrow using the old new hope run directions and see how rough the roads are....taking the Subie in case it becomes a rally drive...which I'm betting it will.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by berlinablackie
March was the last update Corey gave on road conditions https://www.s2ki.com/...h-drive-update/

Didn't sound promising...don't know if anyone is up that way that can update....

Maybe we combine a run in the new hope area to the Evans Meet. Starting at the park n ride in yardley and heading up the jersey side backroads because river road has too many Sunday drivers. I'm thinking we dont have to go directly there, we can leave earlier and take a "scenic" route. I may take a trip that way tomorrow using the old new hope run directions and see how rough the roads are....taking the Subie in case it becomes a rally drive...which I'm betting it will.
That's a great idea for those coming from the southern region.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:15 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes it was the run Corey did. That evans run sounds great. Chris, do you have something in mind? I tried the newhope run and everything on the jersey side was undriveable. But that was in March so maybe we could scout it
Old 09-14-2014, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in for the hewhope run to evans
Old 09-14-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll have to try again. The new hope run roads were iffy due to people running, walking dogs, riding bicycles, with blind curves and hills. There were some great roads but I wasn't going over 15 mph because of other people. If the weather is as good as it is today, this is what we could expect. There was one part with nasty potholes so I turned around and went with the STi's Nav system set to "as the crow flies". That took me on some incredible new roads, but unfortunately for the s2000, one of those roads was a mile long gravel road....the STi was exciting in gravel!

Let me see if I can divert that road on google maps, shouldn't be a problem. Next week I'll take the s2000 on the run. It seemed like anyone lowered may struggle with the road's undulations and that's what I need to try out before we commit.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by berlinablackie
I'll have to try again. The new hope run roads were iffy due to people running, walking dogs, riding bicycles, with blind curves and hills. There were some great roads but I wasn't going over 15 mph because of other people. If the weather is as good as it is today, this is what we could expect. There was one part with nasty potholes so I turned around and went with the STi's Nav system set to "as the crow flies". That took me on some incredible new roads, but unfortunately for the s2000, one of those roads was a mile long gravel road....the STi was exciting in gravel!

Let me see if I can divert that road on google maps, shouldn't be a problem. Next week I'll take the s2000 on the run. It seemed like anyone lowered may struggle with the road's undulations and that's what I need to try out before we commit.
Thanks Chris for trying it out!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove for a good while starting in the New Hope area along the river. Really nice drive and didn't notice any potholes or issues in the road.

Quick Reply: Fall drive?