Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Saturday afternoon....

Old 01-05-2002, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saturday afternoon....

I just thought I would share my Saturday afternoon.... Went outside about noon and it "seemed" to be pretty warm so I washed my car. Neighbors must have thought I was a kook. My hands were numb by the time Iw as finished. I think it was about 35 degrees at the time. (it really needed it anyway) Then drove around town for a few hours....that was fun.... especially since I had the top down the whole time. Just blasted the heat and it wasn't too bad. Sure did get alot of strange looks from people... Stopped b y Yweeter on Kirkwood Highway in Delaware and met Lightning. He just put on his new hardtop! Looks great!!! He also tinted the back windoww and the sides. Great job! Well since it looks like we might get blasted with snow tomorrow I think this was the last day to have the car outside so I wanted to make the best of it.:D
Old 01-05-2002, 07:01 PM
mdb

much the same here...washed, top down, put in the garage to wait out the wet stuff...my hats off to you daily drivers-i just cringe at the thought of my S out there with all of the other nuts when the white stuff starts to fall.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:17 PM

No way!!!! Don't want a BIT of snow on my S2000. Can't imagine driving it in the snow!
Old 01-06-2002, 05:08 AM

My car has been sitting in the garage and is in need of a washing. I thought about doing it yesterday but was busy running errands all day. It sure seemed warm enough to do it though.
Old 01-06-2002, 11:29 AM
mdb

where's pas2k to tell us how much fun it is to drive in 6" of fresh slush with that SEPTA bus in front of you???
Old 01-06-2002, 03:14 PM

i can't vouch for any of his story, except the part that he met me! oh yeah and that he drove off with the top down as my coworkers looked at him in amazement (they know i sure won't do that with my hardtop on now). i think that's the first forum person i've met... i guess that means i gotta go to a meet now... come out of hiding, i guess
Old 01-06-2002, 05:15 PM

Lightning I drive by that tweeter several times a month, my wife is from Deleware and she has many realtives there. I'll stick my head in and say hello next time.
Old 01-06-2002, 08:00 PM

there ya go... i can't tell you how many people have said 'oh you work at THAT one? i see an s2000 out there all the time but didn't figure it was yours..." geez. thanks. who else would it have been? i'll tell y'all what i told my visitor yesterday... if anyone wants/needs anything, they'll be subject to the 'friends and family discount.' anyone being related to this forum (or a friend or family member)
Old 01-08-2002, 11:15 AM

To Paulieblks2k,

You know someone who works at Tweeter? If you do, have you thought about some sort of group buy for the Excort SRX unit? Just inquiring.

That SRX looks like one hot mother!!!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:50 PM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally posted by mdb
where's pas2k to tell us how much fun it is to drive in 6" of fresh slush with that SEPTA bus in front of you???
Ahahahahahaha.

Quick Reply: Saturday afternoon....