Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Soft top help, please??

Old 08-10-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top help, please??

I am trying to see where I can find just the vinyl window for my 2000 s2000? I have been reading a lot and found the post with the instructions to just replace that part of the top, but I have yet to see where I could get just that part. Any links to show that pat alone would be great. Any help at all will be appreciated.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:56 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

86317-S2A-003 WINDOW
From majestic Honda $221.19
Old 08-20-2017, 05:28 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

According to the parts diagrams the "window" is actually the complete back panel of the roof. There are still shops in major cities that do this. The labor cost may be significant and since the roof has to be removed you may it practical to fit complete a new one. Sealing the the replacement roof seems to be a source of problems.

-- Chuck
Old 08-21-2017, 05:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

2Poor2Mod is the go to guy for all questions about soft tops.

Last edited by freq; 08-22-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:47 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

the work required to replace the plastic window is close to that of replacing the entire top. I would recommend upgrading to a glass window and replace the whole top. Sure you'll spend a little more money, but you'll have a completely new top in the process, vs. spending most of the money and 1/2 a new top.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

well thanks for all the advice guys I had been doing some research on my own as well. I was only wanting to patch the window till I got my hard top, but I don't know if I want that anymore now. So I will more gen likely get the glass one with the heater in it. Any advice for the self install as I am trying to do everything on this car myself within reason of course. Gonna start simple with stuff I know I am gonna upgrade the sound system. Thanks guys!
Old 08-22-2017, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Glass soft top window

I have one sitting in my basement that is still in great condition it's actually the OEM glass window, my top was slashed last summer no glazing, PM me if interested
Old 08-23-2017, 08:01 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RoG_Renegade
well thanks for all the advice guys I had been doing some research on my own as well. I was only wanting to patch the window till I got my hard top, but I don't know if I want that anymore now. So I will more gen likely get the glass one with the heater in it. Any advice for the self install as I am trying to do everything on this car myself within reason of course. Gonna start simple with stuff I know I am gonna upgrade the sound system. Thanks guys!
if you want some tips, check out the DIY by Cyclon36, i think thats the correct user name, and feel free to text me. I've performed over 125 installs on the S2K and know a thing or two.

Jeremy 609-six seven eight-5862
Old 08-24-2017, 01:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RoG_Renegade
i replaced the soft top on my S by myself and I'll be honest I had a very hard time, it was a lot harder than it seemed but it helps to have an extra hand. If you're kinda close to me I'd be glad to help.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:52 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

Pay a professional.

Look at the photo essays on replacing the roof. This seems to be an all-day job by guys with experience and I'd not attempt this myself after reading of the leak issues from only slightly bungled DIY replacements. I've replaced roofs on old Brit sports cars and they were hard enough even though their fittings were all external to the body/interior work. Much of the interior of the S2000 behind the seats has to come out to replace our roofs and there are drains to account for.

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: Soft top help, please??