Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Gravity

Old 10-12-2013, 11:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Gravity

I'm pretty sure most of us have seen the trailer for this movie, and know what the plot is: shit hits the fan for some astronauts, and they have to figure out how they're going to survive.

Let me point out that this happens within the first 20 minutes of the movie, and it never lets go until the end credits roll. Sandra Bullock and George Clooney play their characters perfectly. Side note: the voice for mission control is none other than Ed Harris (Apollo 13), which plays perfectly for this movie.

Do yourself a favor and watch this movie. 10/10
Old 10-13-2013, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Saw it today in 3D, it was a really intense and emotional film. Very good performance from Sandra Bullock and overall the movie was excellent.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Gatsbee13

I didn't think much of it until I read this review and noticed that it beat out Captain Philips (for a second straight box office #1).. + im starting to see other reviews are positive as well.. should I watch this in IMAX 3d?
Old 10-13-2013, 01:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
I didn't think much of it until I read this review and noticed that it beat out Captain Philips (for a second straight box office #1).. + im starting to see other reviews are positive as well.. should I watch this in IMAX 3d?
I saw it in Xd 3d (comparable to imax), but I think that the 3d effects weren't that great other than a few moments when the movie had debris here and there fly toward the camera. I think it should be ok to watch in regular 2d.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:19 PM

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
Despite what Ruiner has said, I've read the director shot it with 3d in mind. . . given that, I'd see it in 3d if you can. Part of the intent was to not have the effects "jump" out at you. Rather, they're supposed to just add depth because space is black, and lacks the necessary depth and perspective from the outset.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:46 AM

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

It wasn't a bad movie, it was pretty intense, but I can't say I liked it. The plot seemed pretty shallow to me.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this over the weekend and I think it's a must in 3D, it really adds to the "in space feeling" probably one of the few movies I have seen that was worth it in 3D, I usually hate 3D movies. I enjoyed the movie overall.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Agree. The 3D aspect was very well done, not overwhelming or an afterthought. Great movie all around. You sort of know what to expect but still find yourself on the 'edge of your seat.'
Old 11-07-2013, 07:12 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Saw it last night, in 3D, not all that thrilled with 3D but then I wasn't happy when movies switched from B&W to color (OK, I'm kidding there). I was entertained, glad I saw it.

My wife works for NASA (secretary with the Hubble group) and jokes about wanting astronaut training. I don't think she'll EVER bring that up again.

Anyone who says "I cannot do it, it's too difficult" in anything from career to personal life should be made to watch this movie.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta admit, I was more than a little skeptical about seeing a movie that basically has two characters. However, it was great. Extremely tense for most of the movie. Was worth the price of admission for sure.

Quick Reply: Gravity