Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Iron Man 2

Old 05-20-2010, 12:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Iron Man 2

If you liked #1 then you should enjoy #2 as well. The money is on the screen, the Downey fuel ADD character is back along with a dark and brooding bad guy in the form of Micky Rourke. The two women are fantastic as the two dimensional characters they play. Nick Fury played by Sammy Jackson does it right, although his patch could fit better. A 9.5 outta 10 cause Iron Man is DA MAN!

no gratuitus violence or blood and guts, just comic book stuff....
Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

honestly I was disappointed with it and I loved the first Iron man.

The first movie was about Stark turning his life around from being a playboy asshole to a playboy asshole trying to be a good contributing member of society with morals.

Scarlet Johansen's Character's name was Natasha Rominov and had 0% of any russian accent, but I let that one slide since she is so damn easy on the eyes in that black jumpsuit.

I didn't like that they changed actors for Rhodey's character even though I understand the situation and I honestly think I like Cheadle playing the role better.

When I saw a little meter in stark's hand at the beginning of the movie I was getting excited that they were playing on a comic book issue that he dealt with and ended up getting thoroughly disappointed in what it turned out to be. ( had to make sure that I didn't put a spoiler in there so sorry for the general wording)

I don't think that the movie was "BAD", it was just under my expectations. I think Favreau had a larger role in this sequel and I am curious if he was more focused on that than directing of the movie in some parts.

It did have a bunch of zingers that had me laughing and it had some awesome metal man on metal man action scenes.

Thats my opinion on the movie.

kthnxbai
Old 05-21-2010, 08:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

what was this comic book issue your referring to?
Old 05-22-2010, 05:32 AM

This was bad ass!!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan,May 21 2010, 08:32 PM
what was this comic book issue your referring to?
Tony Stark's addiction and substance abuse.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:19 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

his alcohol abuse/addiction was pretty much an underlying theme. Especially since @ the party scene.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bluAP1s2k,May 20 2010, 04:32 PM
honestly I was disappointed with it and I loved the first Iron man.

The first movie was about Stark turning his life around from being a playboy asshole to a playboy asshole trying to be a good contributing member of society with morals.

Scarlet Johansen's Character's name was Natasha Rominov and had 0% of any russian accent, but I let that one slide since she is so damn easy on the eyes in that black jumpsuit.

I didn't like that they changed actors for Rhodey's character even though I understand the situation and I honestly think I like Cheadle playing the role better.

When I saw a little meter in stark's hand at the beginning of the movie I was getting excited that they were playing on a comic book issue that he dealt with and ended up getting thoroughly disappointed in what it turned out to be. ( had to make sure that I didn't put a spoiler in there so sorry for the general wording)

I don't think that the movie was "BAD", it was just under my expectations. I think Favreau had a larger role in this sequel and I am curious if he was more focused on that than directing of the movie in some parts.

It did have a bunch of zingers that had me laughing and it had some awesome metal man on metal man action scenes.

Thats my opinion on the movie.

kthnxbai
Old 05-24-2010, 05:07 PM

that "costume" that Scarlet's charachter was wearing, was it painted on ? as it was soooooooo tight !!!

shame she did show off more of her assets !!!

entertaining movie overall, a solid 2.5 out of 5 .
Old 05-26-2010, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan,May 23 2010, 09:19 PM
his alcohol abuse/addiction was pretty much an underlying theme. Especially since @ the party scene.
Right on, but It was just an underlying theme. That was one of the big issues with Tony in the comics. Just felt to me that Favreau was dancing around it and couldn't decide if he wanted to have it in the movie or not.