Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Dragonball Run 2001 --- Sept 21-23 ---

Old 08-03-2001, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guys.....Mr. Speed and I spent the day scouting and here are the official findings.

We have confirmed that Sept 21-23 is not a UT home football weekend and that is a good thing.

Wyndham Gardens is our HQ Hotel for the Event. The rate will be $69.00 per night based on a 10 room minimum. With 25 rooms we get the use of the Hospitality Suite free. FYI this a $117.00 per night value.

We also have use of a 26'x22' Salon for breakfast, vendors, BS sessions, drivers meetings whatever!! The hotel also has exercise facilities, an indoor jacuzzi as well as a patio near the pool with a couple of gas grills if we'd like to use them.

They have agreed to cordon off a large part of their parking lot for our reserved parking. We'll also have access to water and carwash facilities available.

We've scouted the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway and think it will make for a great Saturday drive. We'll travel south out of Knoxville to Maryville and the Foothills parkway. Then 129 through The Dragon and on to Robbinsville NC for lunch (fast food). After lunch we'll head out to the Skyway and then on through Tellico Plains, Sweetwater TN and I-75 for our return to Knoxville. I plan to scout it again to determine how long each leg of the trip will take. Safe to say this will be a full day of driving. Should be a blast.

Monday we'll have more info about calling in your reservations and a code word for your reservation discout. I also have a call in to Westside Honda and should know if they are on board by then to.

Stay tuned and happy motoring!!
The following users liked this post:
dasyuri23 (07-18-2023)
Old 08-03-2001, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had a good day in Knoxville. I think you all will be happy with the arrangements as they are coming together. I have a good feeling about many of the details now falling into place.
We seem to be ahead of the pace of S2K Days planning as I recall. At least on my part.

We even saw another Red S2K on the Cherohala Skyway.
Big waves and flashing lights.

We'll keep you in the loop.

-John
Old 08-04-2001, 10:19 AM

man i cant wait, but i will need to make sure i have some new rear tires on my back car as just today i was casually taking a turn on a twisty road and the back end broke loose and i did a 180 almost hitting a tree on the side of the road!!
Old 08-05-2001, 07:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mack, who's in charge of the Event Flyer? I was thinking that if it were finished before next Saturday that I could hand them out to all the Atlanta Dealerships.

Please see what you can do, I don't need anything printed as I have access to a color laser printer which should be able to do the job for now. If you just email me the file when it's ready that would be great.

Old 08-05-2001, 08:02 AM

Mack and JGSS2k,

We held a small (6 member) club meeting yesterday to discuss the club website and Dragonball Run and below is the short of it:

1) Everyone thought we were off to a good start.
2) We will do our best to get the word out.
3) Our club website will have event info on the homepage.
4) Do we want to do a soviener for the event, shirts, key chain, tire gauge, something?
5) A group of us will be leaving Friday morning for Knoxville, others to arrive Friday night and Saturday morning.

Has anyone contacted Southside Honda yet?

Officially, who are the list of organizers?
S2K Dude
Mack
JGSS2K
others?
The following users liked this post:
dasyuri23 (07-18-2023)
Old 08-05-2001, 08:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2k Dude
[B]1)
Old 08-06-2001, 06:15 AM

John, sounds good. I'll look into some finding someone who can do a logo and T-shirts.

I hope we can get 50 people to go. That's our goal.

Should we be calling the Hotel to make reservations? Please post the Hotel info.

I'll also look into getting a map laid out of the drives.
Old 08-06-2001, 06:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

of course I am in for this! I should have fresh rubber by then!
Old 08-06-2001, 06:45 AM

S2K Dude,
Mack should have the Wyndham info just anytime now. I know he's out there.

saliv8,
Great to have you all along. I hope Mrs. saliv8 can join us.

-John
Old 08-06-2001, 06:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S2K Dude-

I've been on the phone again this morning with the hotel. I'll post a new thread this afternoon after the contract it signed with all the relavant info.

As John said, any assistance the Atlanta Club could lend would be much appreciated. I think the flyer idea is a good one if you guys would like to take that on. We'll also need some kind of "Program" for the event with the itenerary and maps. Maybe these two could be coordinated/designed together.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Dragonball Run 2001 --- Sept 21-23 ---