Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Fridays are for Frankiin - Group Drive and Lunch

Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 PM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts
Default Fridays are for Frankiin - Group Drive and Lunch

I will be leading a “moderate” lunch drive along Hwy 28 to Franklin, NC on Friday morning. This will be a scenic drive following posted speeds + 5mph. The drive will leave Fontana from the parking area in front of the Wildwood Grill (where Billman will be doing his magic) @ 10:30am sharp.

This will be a pleasant drive to Franklin, NC where our group will have lunch at Cafe Rel around noon. After lunch, we’ll take a brief stroll through town and enjoy a nearby ice cream shop. The return route will be either via Rt 28 or via Wayah Rd. The drive is roughly 48 miles each way, for about a 2.5 hour total drive (plus time for lunch/dessert). The drive will follow this route from Robbinsiville to Franklin and returning via Wayah Rd .

Cafe Rel is located on the side of the Hot Spot Servicenter. Please park in the rear parking lot so that we don't block people trying to get to the Hot Spot. I have confirmed with Cafe Rel that they can accommodate up to 32 people. As they will also have 'regular folks' eating lunch there, the drive group will be limited to no more than 32 individuals to better ensure we all get seated/eat together.
This establishment is definitely 'cozy'... While we won't all be at one table...we will nonetheless be in eyesight of one another as a group . There is a large parking lot at Cafe Rel at the side so we should all be able to get into the lot.
If you have a +1 coming along, please let me know so I can give Cafe Rel an idea of how many to expect.

B
ring cash, Cafe Rel DOES NOT take credit cards..

Because of the number of cars, we are going to divide up into two groups. I'll take one group, Mike (lovetodrive2000) will take the other. The first group will leave at 10:15 to arrive at Cafe REL at 11:00. The second group will leave at 10:30.

Attendees:
kgf3076 (Ken)
Batguano (Lee and Linda)
Looter and Weezy (Denny and Sharon)
Bama Dave - Tailgunner
Slowride (Jeff and Faith)
Timbagoo (Alex)
lovetodrive2000 (Mike and Kathy)
ChrisM623 (Chris and ?)
Scooterboy (David)
z_speed (Cezar)
2PointSlow (Brian)
ScrapDog (Andy)
scammedon (Brian and Gina)
Funat9000rpm (Florian)
hecash (Harry)
DentMagic (Erich) okay, he's in a 370z but not everyone is lucky enough to own a S2k.
DragonDidg (Michael)
CenturionS2k +1 (Fabio and Penelope)
gregory2d (Greg and Yulia)
pwrinxs (Adnan)
smccoy +3

And that's the limit. Make sure you check thie out in the Fall at S's at the Gap. Anyone who has been to Cafe REL will tell you how good the food is.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:58 PM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

We are in Ken.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:08 PM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I think we are in for this too...Ken !!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

The lamb burgers at Cafe Rel are to die for. Just try one and you are hooked. Tail gunner here Uncle Ken.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please add Jeff & Faith...thank you

Ken, is any item on the menu included with out $12.95 RTD fee that includes (3) lunches? I'm feeelinggg LOBSTER...

Should we bring cash for the tip or is included too?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:24 PM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Here is the menu. This place is awesome.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/230...caffe-rel/menu
Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add me (Alex) for sure! This is one of my favorite drives every year. I'm sure a few others from the UMW will be signing up as well.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:17 AM

Received 158 Likes on 143 Posts

Put Kathy & I down for this (at this time)....

If I remember correctly....... this place doesn't take credit/debit cards!!! Bring cash!!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Put Kathy & I down for this (at this time)....
Done

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
If I remember correctly....... this place doesn't take credit/debit cards!!! Bring cash!!!!
Hmmm, I have a feeling I've seen that warning someplace else....now just where could it be?

Bring cash, Cafe Rel DOES NOT take credit cards..

Oh yeah, the first message
Old 01-07-2013, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Slowride
Ken, is any item on the menu included with out $12.95 RTD fee that includes (3) lunches? I'm feeelinggg LOBSTER...
Hmm, I've heard of some pretty strange fetishes, but lobster feeling is a new one...

Originally Posted by Slowride
Should we bring cash for the tip or is included too?
Any item over 25 cents is the responsibility of the person ordering (Close Cover Before Striking, Objects in Mirror Closer than They Appear, Your Mileage May Vary, Minors not Admitted without Parent, Not valid in Somalia, Uganda and Idaho, Unplug before use in Bath (UK, that is). This amazing free offer does not include tax, tip, licensing fees, and other fees as may be applied, it does however, cover the cost of my lunch. Please remit $550.27 for shipping and handling. Return orders subject to 250% restocking fee. For complete rules, see Pg. 274, Sub-Para. R, Sec. 38, Article 972a)Thanks for ordering, your deep muscle-relaxation device (batteries not included) will be shipped in a plain, brown wrapper with the following caution prominently posted on outside of package. Warning: Adult Use Only! Operation of this device by minors strictly prohibited in states that prohibit operation of this device by a minor (exceptions made for steel workers and salvage yard operators).

Quick Reply: Fridays are for Frankiin - Group Drive and Lunch