Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Reschedule Run For 2002

Old 03-30-2002, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reschedule Run For 2002

When will we begin to discuss dates of rescheduled run. Assuming resurfacing is going on in April we should be able to reschedule for July, August or early September. Late September and early October are LEAF WATCHING MONTHS which should make the traffic on the run too heavy for our running as well as probably increased hotel rates.
Again I offer to assist in hotel rate negotiations and where ever else I can assist.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:45 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We will more than likely have the DragonBall Run event scheduled for sometime in September as it was scheduled the year before. The run was awesome during this time!

BTW, several folks are still making plans to attend the original dates here in April 19th - 21st.

I plan on attending. Even if the Dragon is being resurfaced, the rest of the roads in the area will make you do this--------->
Old 03-31-2002, 05:17 PM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

Airgate, is there any reason why the April Dragonball couldn't be had still? Since it seems the road will still be there as-is, the hotel reservation is in place, etc?

Just curious.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:46 AM

I agree
Let's have the run as planned!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the event cancel so did our reserved block of rooms.........if you had reservations as part of the group/block you will need to confirm with the Hotel that they are still available.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:07 AM

Mack
Assuming we might want to reinstate the run do you think enough rooms would be available?
When I spoke to the hotel I got the impression we where taking a major number of rooms and without us the hotek was going to be very empty.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:04 AM

I'm sure they will have plenty of rooms available for us just not in a block. As you found out there are probably better rates to be had without all the frills anyway. This will also give people the option of staying elsewhere if they choose.

As for reinstatement.............I think it's a bit late to try and pull that off. I do think it's fine if everyone that had planned on coming go ahead and show and we have an "informal" gathering just keep in mind that it is going to be "informal" and the "the big show" will be in Sept. Like you guys wouldn't come if I thought it was a bad idea!

I know there has been alot of talk along the lines of "so what if the Dragon is closed there are alot of other great roads in the area" etc. but in my opinion it's not the Dragonball if the Dragon is not available. Granted we may have moved a bit quickly to postpone once the word was out about the paving but without any firm information I couldn't see spnding the time and money required to plan and hold the event and there be a chance the Dragon was not part a of it. It is "The Dragonball" you know......

Honetsly I'm looking forward to something a bit more informal. We'll all have more time to enjoy the drives and the company and can spend some of this time putting a team together to make te Sept event one for the record books!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 12:06 PM

Mack
From your comments I assume you will be there in April as planned. I will try to put together those who where going to attend from the west coast of Florida.
Where are you planning on staying in Alcoa. I have reservation at the original hotel and have not cancelled.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:19 PM

I'll be there.

The Dragon is 30 min from my house.........Alcoa half that.
Old 04-06-2002, 04:11 PM

I'm interested in going in September. Where would I find more info, such as the location in Tennessee, etc.

Thanks,

boyracer
01 S2000 Red #2112

Quick Reply: Reschedule Run For 2002