European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Hello?

Old 01-10-2004, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats right Paivag......thats right
Old 01-10-2004, 09:30 PM

se olhar como o cu, cheiros como o cu, prova provavelmente como a merda
Old 01-10-2004, 09:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mindcore
Its a in joke is what it is..
Old 01-10-2004, 09:44 PM

Just cuz a forum dont have rules and a badge dont mean it dont abide by the rules. Why is it so hard to keep NSFW threads in the proper forums? And AE didnt trash them....an Admin did.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Quik S2K
Just cuz a forum dont have rules and a badge dont mean it dont abide by the rules.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:57 PM

Why wasnt it in the proper forum? If there is no C?O of that forum, then the Admins/Site Mods come in and clean up if needed. I'm sure if it was in the Alleyway, it would still be going.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Everyone to your corners, please.

Mods/Admins...over there [points to left]

Everyone else...over there [points to right]

I really didn't want to weigh in on this, because I think it's rather silly to be arguing over this, but it sounds to me like several people are talking past each other and we're not getting anywhere.

First off, the threads that were removed from this forum were wholely innapropriate in this forum. Posting them here because you thought they were "out of sight/out of mind" was, if not strictly, at least rationally against the policies of this board.

Should the threads be deleted...that remains to be seen. However, in the meantime they are offline.

As for mods selectively deleting pics from such threads, I'm sorry, but there are simply far too few of us to spend our entire days wading through each and every off-topic-type thread trying to find the pics that cross the line when we all know those of us that participate in such threads (myself included) tend to push boundaries. Instead, we rely on the users to play nice and to help us by "self-policing" the board and their own posts.

I don't think any of us think we are gods. We are not enforcing strict guidelines, because I don't think any of us want to live in a world...or post in an online community...that is strictly defined and potentially confining.

Personally, I have no real issue with threads of scantily clad women (or men for that matter). I am a moderator in Off-Topic on this board and I am well aware of the myriad threads of scantily clad women that already exist. I do little to interfere with their existence unless someone brings them to my attention. Once that is done, my reaction is typically to talk to the user to get THEM to edit the inappropriate pics. If this is not feasible, I will remove the thread. After all, we're not talking about thoughts and ideas unique to the users of this board...we're talking about pictures gleaned from surfing the board.

To me, the time required to edit such a thread is not worth the return. I would be far more effectively using my time by reading the original thoughts on this board and ensuring that we are all abiding by the spirit of this board by not attacking each other or otherwise acting in a manner not appropriate for a public forum.

If you would like to start a pic thread in Off-Topic, I invite you to do so (or continue to do so, as the case may be). I ask only that you abide by the rules of propriety regarding pictures (you know the rules...I won't repeat them) and make SURE to post **NSFW** in the title...preferably at the beginning.

I agree that this forum is here because we were all (or most of us, at least) brought together by our enthusiasm for cars and for the S2000 in particular.

I also realize that a community is more than just car talk (technical or otherwise) and that it feeds off a certain amount of debate and personal expression. I, for one, embrace that...even if I do not always agree with the expressions.

Now, with that novel written, I would suggest that we disperse from this forum and leave it to the locals...or at least to discussions that may be pertinent to any potential locals.

If you would like to take this debate further, please feel free to start a thread in Off-Topic (if you haven't already) and post a link here so that those of us on this thread can follow the debate.

Thanks for your time.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Brant, I agree. You've summed it up.

Closed, continue elsewhere if there is a need