European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Madrid

Old 04-12-2008, 05:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Madrid

Hi guys/gals

Going to Madrid this evening for a few days, need a break! Last time I was in Madrid was 10years ago! Can't remember much from then lol. Are there any must visit places? Will have female company so must keep it clean hahaha.

Andrew
Old 04-13-2008, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000 gib,Apr 12 2008, 05:38 AM
Hi guys/gals

Going to Madrid this evening for a few days, need a break! Last time I was in Madrid was 10years ago! Can't remember much from then lol. Are there any must visit places? Will have female company so must keep it clean hahaha.

Andrew
Madrid is not that "dirty"

So.. how many days will you stay?

Well you should see the center of course.. Puerta del Sol (and its surroundings), Catedral de la Almudena, Gran Via (many shops.. for the girls) , Plaza de la Cibeles, Puerta de Alcala, Paseo del Prado, Fuente de Neptuno, Museo del Prado (for "El Prado" you will need time because its huge), Congreso de los diputados.....

Shopping and walking in the quarter of "Chueca" is also "a must".. Chueca is a gay-zone.. so don't be shocked

Then you can get the metro and go to Parque del Retiro.. its a nice place (if the weather is nice) you can rent a boat and so..

If you have time you could also visit other places out of Madrid.. like Monasterio del Escorial, Segovia, Toledo, Avila...

For lunch do not forget the "Tapas" you should be used to them as you live "close" to Andalucia but the ones in Madrid are really really good (around "El Prado" or "Calle Fuencarral" you will find many..) for breakfast is typical the "Chocolate con Churros".. mmmm

Old 04-13-2008, 02:17 PM

Hey! thanks Deibit, been to a few places already today!

staying with a friend near Parque del Retiro and been to a few other good places you mentioned. Friend I'm staying with is not impressed I still prefer Barcelona, just seems more diverse. Cool buildings, more cosmopolitan.

Hows life? when you back in Spain?
Old 04-14-2008, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by s2000 gib,Apr 13 2008, 02:17 PM
Hey! thanks Deibit, been to a few places already today!

staying with a friend near Parque del Retiro and been to a few other good places you mentioned. Friend I'm staying with is not impressed I still prefer Barcelona, just seems more diverse. Cool buildings, more cosmopolitan.

Hows life? when you back in Spain?
Of course! Barcelona is much better! But Madrid also has its charm.. nightlife is amazing, and the cultural offer is huge.. the main problem is that a big part of the cultural offer is in spanish (theaters, musicals.. etc..). Another problem of Madrid is that the city is "wide" (very long and wide avenues..)

Barcelona is more spectacular.. mainly because of the architecture (Modernisme, Art Noveau or whatever u wanna call it..) and also because of the sea, the beach.. and of course because of the people lets say Barcelona is more "Bohemian" and Madrid is more "Posh" (but Madrid also has lots of "alternative" quarters like Chueca and so..)

I do not know when I will be back in Spain... well, I often go there (my girlfriend is living in Madrid so...) Germany is not that bad.. (well Frankfurt is kinda boring.. but oh well..)
Old 06-03-2008, 10:30 AM

Hey, Im from Madrid, all the info that deibit wrote is good, but don't worry to ask me in pm if u need some more info, help or something like that, I don't speak a perfect english but I will try to do my best hehe
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by JaviTxu,Jun 3 2008, 07:30 PM
Hey, Im from Madrid, all the info that deibit wrote is good, but don't worry to ask me in pm if u need some more info, help or something like that, I don't speak a perfect english but I will try to do my best hehe
Hola que tal Javi.

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta pero ya fui y regrese jeje. Fue estupendo, y hay que repetir! Me quede con una amiga por La Glorieta, te suena? Me encanto, y ya dentro de unos dias me voy a Faro (Portugal) para 6 dias. Voy para un cursillo para el trabajo, pero ya me entiendes......playita, sol, cerveza, vino y mujeres jajaja.

saludos
Andrew