Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

DRIVE EVENT: Central FL drive!!!!

Old 10-12-2003, 10:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DRIVE EVENT: Central FL drive!!!!

Our Daytona members, Chiung and FastrackS2000, have found quite the road run for us. The roads will include a number of "twisties" that will be sure to bring a smile to any S2000 owner.

The drives are scheduled for Saturday, October 25th. There are two different meeting points depending on your direction of travel.

For "the I-95 crowd" (Jacksonville, Daytona, Melbourne, etc.) we can all meet at the Daytona Exit off of I-95 and International Speedway Blvd. (US-92) at 8:00 a.m. This group will leave shortly after arrival for the convenience store/gas station at the NW corner of 44 and 437, which is just a hair north of Mt. Dora. We will be taking some of the "fun roads" to the I-4 meeting point vs. taking the boring but faster I-95/I-4 route.

For "the I-4 crowd" (Orlando, etc.) you guys can meet us at 10:00 a.m. at the convenience store/gas station at the NW corner of 44 and 437, which is just a hair north of Mt. Dora.

After both "crowds" meet up at 10:00 a.m. everybody can fuel up and empty bladders and then depart for "THE DRIVE" that Chiung has designed for us. This promises to be some of the best driving in Florida since the April Super Meet.

The route should take approximately 2 hours. We'll make our way back towards the Daytona/DeLand area for lunch (approx. noon) together at a location to be named later. (Possibly Thai food)

After lunch (approx. 2:00 p.m.) which will probably also last about 1 1/2 hours, anybody that it is interested can head over to Chiung's "Mod Master" Crib for a small mod session. So, if you're itching to hang out with some other S's, run some twisties, grab a bite, and do some modding...THIS IS IT!!!!

Please post here if you're interested in joining us. When you do please let us know what location you're planning on meeting up so we'll look out for you. If you have access to a radio such as FRS, PLEASE BRING. Please also remember to check your car out including tires, brakes, etc. to be sure you're in good shape to make the drives. Obviously, you should obey all the laws of a public road but also keep in mind to always drive according to your comfort level despite what anyone else may be doing. We want everyone to have fun and be safe.

Hope to see you there!
Shay
Old 10-13-2003, 05:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great setup you have going on there. Hope everyone enjoys it.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:15 PM

I'd like to come... I'll have to see what is going on though...
Old 10-13-2003, 02:35 PM

Sign us up! We'll be there. Never eaten Thai cuisine that I recall, is it similar to Chinese? Doesn't really matter though, just getting out for a nice drive this time of year is what we'll be looking forward to!

Don & Cynthia
Old 10-13-2003, 02:40 PM

Thai food is great... One of the main reasons I want to go... j/k
Old 10-13-2003, 05:25 PM

Don and James - I'm assuming you guys would start with the drives at 8:00?

I'll probably have to meet up with everyone at 10:00 since we're coming from Jax and need to get a sitter for the 2 kids but we're in as far as I can tell.

So far!

1) Chiung Daytona Meeting Spot
2) Brad Daytona
3) Shay I-4 area spot most likely (Daytona if possible)
4) Don Daytona
5) James I-4 area
6) Wei-Shen I-4 area possibly???
Old 10-13-2003, 06:27 PM

I will try and make it!
Old 10-14-2003, 04:17 AM

And the list is growing....

1) Chiung ~ Daytona Meeting Spot
2) Brad ~ Daytona
3) Shay & Sandy ~ I-4 area spot most likely (Daytona if possible)
4) Don & Cynthia ~ Daytona
5) James ~ I-4 area
6) Wei-Shen ~ I-4 area (possibly???)
7) Nick ~ I-4 area
Old 10-14-2003, 04:20 AM

Im so sad, guys this is the same weekend as the JAX British Car Club Show. I have two entries in it; my TR-6 and Jaguar. Sure would have loved to join you. Vic
Old 10-14-2003, 05:08 AM

Of course I will be there. I will meet everyone at the just north of Mt. Dora location.
Don

Quick Reply: DRIVE EVENT: Central FL drive!!!!