Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

EK Civic Fog Lights

Old 01-15-2008, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK Civic Fog Lights

Hey thinking of putting 2000 EK fog lights on my AP1. Anyone buy any, and know a good place to get some? Have any of you mounted or seen how these need to be mounted in an OEM AP1 front bumper. If anyone has some photos of inner bumper mounts and could post them, it would be a big help. There are many threads on this topic, but I was looking for a local expert, someone who has done this mod? Thanks
Old 01-16-2008, 04:09 AM

Ask Brownsound!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like this mod too ... let us know how it turns out!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by 1outs2kisback,Jan 16 2008, 02:07 AM
Hey thinking of putting 2000 EK fog lights on my AP1. Anyone buy any, and know a good place to get some? Have any of you mounted or seen how these need to be mounted in an OEM AP1 front bumper. If anyone has some photos of inner bumper mounts and could post them, it would be a big help. There are many threads on this topic, but I was looking for a local expert, someone who has done this mod? Thanks
Hi I'm your local EK fog light expert. I've installed them on my EK and my AP1. The best place to get them is from Password JDM, they make their own pair.

Password JDM EK Fog Lights

As you may know, the inner bumper mounts for these fog lights are useless for our cars. The only special tools you need for this job is a an electric drill, a dremel, and a set of balls!

I can answer any specific questions you have, and may even be able to lend some help if you need it. Let me know!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:58 PM

Honda Odyssey fog lights actually fit better. Rick from Rick's Acessories did it a while ago with step by step photos and instructions.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:35 PM

I thought there was a problem with using the odyssey fogs.
The fact that you have to mount them upside down causes a funky light pattern...
Old 01-16-2008, 01:39 PM

How did you mount the lights inside your bumper and how much did you have to cut off from the bumper, did you remove the whole plastic vent section on the inside? Also will these light work with an AEM cold air? That little side section opposite the bulb, is that just opened, or did you cut the plastic to fit, in order to keep them closed? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:25 PM

hey brown maybe next you can custom fit a civic front bumper on too
Old 01-16-2008, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whole civic bumper conversion or nothing, ftw!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 AM

Har har guys

Originally Posted by 1outs2kisback,Jan 16 2008, 06:39 PM
How did you mount the lights inside your bumper and how much did you have to cut off from the bumper, did you remove the whole plastic vent section on the inside? Also will these light work with an AEM cold air? That little side section opposite the bulb, is that just opened, or did you cut the plastic to fit, in order to keep them closed? Thanks for the help.
The lights are mounted to the gray/gunmetal "bezel" that surrounds it with a screw on one side a plastic tab on the other. You may want to do a pre-emptive strike and once the fog light is mounted on the tab, superglue/epoxy that tab because they have a tendency to snap off, mine did after about 6 months, and the crappy epoxy job I did at 7am before work stained some of the paint. On my car, I mounted the entire bezel/frame by drilling upwards through the top of the frame into the bumper with a couple of screws.

You may want to know that you WILL have gaps. The fog light bezel is just a tiny bit more convex than the AP1 bumper. That means there is a slight gap in the center on the top. You will be surprised though how much it can be minimized by wiggling, pushing, and drilling in the right location. I think it could be improved more by drilling the frame on the bottom into the bumper but that would make the screw heads visible (the ones on top aren't because of how low the lights are to the ground, you have to lay down to see them). If you made them colormatched it might very well look nice and invisible.

The part where you need balls is when you have to cut the hole into the bumper. These things need a BIG hole. You start out by cutting out the black plastic vent section, holding the frame up, and cutting away little by little. By the time it fits, almost the entire "cavern" part of the vent is cut away, and, as hard as it is, you actually have to cut out a tiny section out of the flat, outside section of the bumper too. To cut out the bumper, I used a dremel with a normal drill bit to "slice" through the plastic like butter. I highly recommend it, but careful of how hot it gets.

Assuming you have the AEM V2 cold air intake, sadly it will not work. I had that too, and traded someone for a knockoff Mugen CF snorkel intake. Either a snorkle or a short ram is what you need.

I think I know what you mean when you say the side section opposite the bulb, it is opened and I didnt cut anything out. I don't know what you mean when you ask if I "cut the plastic to fit, in order to keep them closed".
You are talking about the opening in the bezel next to the fog lights correct?

Ask me more questions! I will try to take some pictures of the more important details you may need to see, including my ingenious solution to mounting the light switch in the PERFECT place.

Quick Reply: EK Civic Fog Lights