Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Have you ever lost a pet?

Old 10-31-2006, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Have you ever lost a pet?

When I was growing up I had a dog named Christopher. He was a Springer Spaniel and we pretty much grew up together through all the bad and good times. My Mom had just been remarried to this guy and didn't have time for her 8 year old. But Christopher was different, he was always there for me, he never judged me, my room was never to dirty for him; he was never mad at me. I loved that Dog because he got me through many tough times in my life. He was an excellent dog, and died shorly after I left for college. I think he may have died from lonliness.

The day he died was areally sad one for me, and to this day I think of him. It's amazing how much animals can touch our lives and it's a truly sad day when they pass away.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a quaker parrot that I have had longet than I have been with my wife (18 years+) It will be like loosing a family member when that bird dies.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My last dog brownie I had for 14 years (10 years old to 24). It was devestating when she died. Fortunately, she went about a month before hurricane Charlie destroyed my parents place, so she didn't have to live through that. It was good for my parents in a way too, since neither of them ever wanted to be home anymore...it just felt empty without her
Old 10-31-2006, 05:00 AM

When Mike was about 4 years old his grandparents' English Bulldog had a litter of puppies and he was given one. He named the Dog "Uga." Mike loved the dog very much but beacause of Mike's extreme allergic reaction to the dog's "kisses," his parents were forced to give Uga away to a good home. To this day Mike still wants another Bulldog.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:06 AM

Received 1,106 Likes on 987 Posts

A little after 3am this morning, my cat ,Ginetta, passed away. I had her companionship for 14 years. She's been with me through alot.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

spent well over $9000 in the last 18 months on my 14 year old pound-puppy 'Aussie'. The staff at the UF hospital says shes the sweetest dog and always their favorite ... and will be a HUGE ache in my heart when she goes. She may only have another year in her ... but, we all know it will be her best year cuz i'm gonna spoil her to death.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:16 AM

we humans are funny that way. We basically "purchase" a tragic heartbreak everytime we get a pet. We will most likey outlive any animal we choose as pets unless it is a parrot or tortoise.

I loved all my dogs throughout the years and we will be getting another one when our house is finished. I lost one to the road by my house, one to Parvo, another to old age.

Again, its funny how we can project human feelings to the animals domesticated by us or even inanimate objects (ever said "gawd, I love my car"??? Hmmmmm). Our need for companionship often overides our logic in situations like this. Even as I type this I know I am guilty of exactly what I am describing HAHAHAHA

I could never work on a farm because all the goats and cows and chickens would all become my friends.

Sad stories above though.

Dave my condolences, losing a pet is never easy.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by zdave87,Oct 31 2006, 09:06 AM
A little after 3am this morning, my cat ,Ginetta, passed away. I had her companionship for 14 years. She's been with me through alot.

My condolence man... I know that you were really close.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ginetta...what a great car-name for a pet.

Bill...you scared me...from the title, thought you were going to say something about Walter.

It is definitely odd that we choose to take in an animal that will basically become like a child or best friend knowing that they have only 10-15yrs in them. Imagine losing a 10-15yr-old child.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:24 AM

Dave, sorry to hear about your friend - I know how you feel!
A week ago today I lost my cat Mr Boo, He was an awesome cat and he was my Mothers cat and she passed in 1999 - She rescued him and his sister Ms. Boo - No, I did not name them my Mom did
Here he is standing protecting the S from Vermin!

If I would park in the driveway and not the backyard they loved to jump on the car so I opened the hood and they would leave my softtop alone

Quick Reply: Have you ever lost a pet?