Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Just a thought?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Just a thought?

since we obviously cant have a thread based decidely on a specific topic, why is it ok to have a thread based on decidely on NOT having a topic?

We have a perfectly working and viable place for random thought and whoring threads called the corner.

FL forum has a thread 1400 pages long (btw there is a rule against that too...LOL) filled with tweets and other BS

If political threads can only live in the political forum, then it only seems right that random thought and whoring threads should live in the Corner, no?

what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I guess the next step after that is to move all the threads that talk about the S2000 to the S2000 talk forum. I mean..... that is where the site specifies that it wants talk about the S2000 to occur in, right?

Seriously, there is a topic centered forum for just about everything that anyone would ever want to post anything about (gallery, events, special interests etc, etc).

Why even have a region specific forum to post anything at if there is already a home for just about every topic under the sun.

I am trying to illustrate the point that the sole reason for having ANY topic oriented thread in a region specific forum is for local perspective on the topic.

Moving and or closing a political driven thread is asinine. anyone who does not want to view or participate can simply not click into it. If I read a thread topic and decide I do not want to view its content, I simply do not click it.

How hard is that?

Apparently too hard for some. No rules were broken ( no nudity, no links to $$$$$$ or viruses, no profanity), just delicate sensibilities trod upon
Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 AM

cant we just let the political BS go? I see your point, others see your point...some will never see your point....just deal with it, and move on....

politics and religion....just keep it in the family or in the political section. lol

p.s. I did not vote for Obama....ha but I am still waiting on my check...
Old 09-02-2009, 08:07 AM

I don't see why having a "Random Political Rant Thread" in the Florida forum should be a problem.

If you don't want to see it, DON'T CLICK ON IT! That seems to be more than certain people can endure.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 AM

[QUOTE=PrimoGen,Sep 2 2009, 10:31 AM]since we obviously cant have a thread based decidely on a specific topic, why is it ok to have a thread based on decidely on NOT having a topic?

We have a perfectly working and viable place for random thought and whoring threads called the corner.

FL forum has a thread 1400 pages long (btw there is a rule against that too...LOL) filled with tweets and other BS

If political threads can only live in the political forum, then it only seems right that random thought and whoring threads should live in the Corner, no?

what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I guess the next step after that is to move all the threads that talk about the S2000 to the S2000 talk forum.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:50 AM

Received 1,108 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by PrimoGen,Sep 2 2009, 11:31 AM

The Corner isn't a random post/thread dumping ground. The Corner is the Corner, and all posts in the Corner concern the Corner. Make sense?

that Florida needs a subsection for political threads, similar to Vintage. That is moderated independently from Vinatge, and not by the CO's of Vintage.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 AM

Rob:

You are right on key! The "Died on the cross of political incorrectness" tuned into a mish mosh of thoughts that the rest of the Polical Forum is a bit intimidated to get incolved with. I say we start a new one and call it or or something corney!

J
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=zdave87,Sep 2 2009, 11:50 AM] The Corner isn't a random post/thread dumping ground. The Corner is the Corner, and all posts in the Corner concern the Corner. Make sense?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:13 AM

Talking

Primogen = .................................................. ..............

Don't let this turn into a political thread or I will have to move it or close it, you have been warned
Old 09-02-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by PrimoGen,Sep 2 2009, 01:09 PM
:::::A L E R T!!!:::::
PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE TITLE AND DECIDE ON THEIR OWN ACCORD TO GO INTO A THREAD OR NOT. JEEEZUS WHY DOES EVERYONE NEED THIER ASS WIPED FOR THEM AROUND HERE????
Cause baby wipes don't cut it anymore?!?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:30 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by Indyana,Sep 2 2009, 01:13 PM
Primogen = .................................................. ..............

Don't let this turn into a political thread or I will have to move it or close it, you have been warned
I wont I promise

this thread is about the policies in our particular forum. I am only wanting to discuss the hipocracy of how certain types of theads are ok and others are not. My issues here are purely a matter of personal responsibility.

my socio-political views have no bearing or business in here.

Quick Reply: Just a thought?