Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Moving to Jax!

Old 05-10-2007, 09:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Moving to Jax!

Hey guys and girls, I'm moving to Jacksonville for law school in August, and I was wondering about places to live. I've heard that Southside is a great neighborhood to live in (which would be cool since I'm going to Florida Coastal School of Law, which I think is around the northwestern tip of Southside) but I really don't have much of an idea.

I've only been to the city once for my fraternity's formal one year, so I don't really know much about the city except that it's huge and has a few different neighborhoods. Any advice on housing (I'll probably be in an apartment for law school) or the city in general would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought Coastal had moved to Baymeadows (actually Citi's old building). Lots of apartments from Baymeadows to 9a. And there is a big apt complex just a little south of Baymeadows on Southside.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple of us live off of 9a and Baymeadows. Quiet area, new, lots of hotties (important) around, and close to everything.....
Old 05-10-2007, 02:36 PM

I'm off Southside right now, but in a week I'm moving in with DocB04 by the Town Center. I love the area there. If you want a nice apartment, look at BayClub. I lived there for a year and loved it.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:10 AM

Welcome to Jax! Im on the Westside
Old 05-11-2007, 08:41 AM

Welcome to JAX zbrewha863!!!

My old roomate and college buddy graduated from FCSL a few years ago and is doing quite well.

As others have said already, the Southside area is good starting point, especially if you're planning on doing the apartment thing. That area has been growing like mad the past few years so there are lots of pretty nice apartments and condo homes. Traffic can be a beeatch at times, but these days there is no where in this city where traffic isn't an issue.

I live in "East Arlington" which is directly in between the beaches and downtown. This is a great area if you're looking to buy or rent a home, but apts aren't as plentiful here.

Let us all know when you make it over here and we'll keep an eye out for ya!

Craig
Old 05-11-2007, 09:01 AM

^^^^ Hey look who it is...I saw you on MHD on cable in the Live at Abby Rd Show...Fantastic Show!!! Hows it going!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:13 AM

IMO the southside sux....there is way to much going on over there, and the traffic is hell. But just a little bit north of there is a little neighbor hood called San Marco. There is alot more culture and not as many snobs (no im not saying that everyone on the southside is a snob, but lets be honest folks.) Your also more likely to find a much cheaper place to live.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the tips guys. Traffic isn't really an issue for me b/c I'm going to school in Southside, so no matter where I live I still have to deal with the traffic in Southside.

I checked out Bay Club online and it seems like a nice place, gotta love the nice big garages

FCSL reffered me to an apartment referral service in Jacksonville that works with a lot of their incoming students to find housing, I'm going to work with them next week on finding a place but from what I've seen online, there are some really nice places in Jax ... different from where I am right now (Tallahassee), a total college town where $500 a month is steep for an apartment ... on second thought, I'm going to miss that

What about the car scene there? Any really good shops or weekly meets or anything? I've heard some about the street racing scene there, there's a lot of talk about a hopped-up GT40 that was killing everything until it got smoked by a 'Busa.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:12 PM

^ welcome to the home of Stage 6.

Quick Reply: Moving to Jax!