Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Pappy and Redblur

Old 02-17-2002, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pappy and Redblur

Great run Friday evening man. ITR owned joo great run.

So anyways, for anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about, Friday night Pappy, Red Blur and me all went up to hooters to hangout a bit. They arrived late and missed my friends so, we still hungout anyways. After we ate and all we went up to a secluded race spot here in Tampa and did two runs. We could have done more since there were no other vehicles at all and for a Friday night I was a bit surprised.

First run:
Pappy and me side by side. We didn't have a flagger at all so we just launched after I beeped the horn three times. I hesitated a bit after the third beep so it wouldn't be a disadvantage since I was the one starting it. BEEP BEEP BEEP.... Babied the clutch on 2k and LSD kicked in. All I could hear after I left the line was Pappy spinning tires and by then it was all over. No burnt rubber on my end. I really did not get to see how much I beat him since I was still running on some 110 octane adrenaline but I was confirmed that there must have been something wrong when I left him with that much car lengths off the line. It was a great run and man was I ****ing stoked.

Second run:
Once Pappy and I finished that race we did a u-turn and from went at it again. This time since I know that he spun out when starting from a dead stop we thought it would be best to run from a bit of a rolling start. We hit it at 10mph and we didn't really beep or anything just kinda went by who punched first so with that we punched it at the same time and that surprised me a bit since I really did not know when he would punch it. Floored the pedal and off we go. Nick had the top down and after the race he told me that once he heard the itr's vtec kick in he thought that that was it. WRONG. All I saw was him sitting next to me till the end of second gear and by the time we were in third he was a bumper ahead of me.

All in all I had a blast running with you man. Both cars hold its own against each other. From a dead start the ITR would grip faster and rolling start the S2k will kill. It was a great night and we could have gone more but my concience told me not too since it was too good to be true with an empty race spot and all. I'll cya both around and we gotta hangout more.
Old 02-17-2002, 09:35 PM

Pbbit, I heard pappy couldn't hear your horn

Going with a horn start is never good.. espescially since you have to be able to hear it above your revving.. a revving s2k at 6k is really hard to hear over. Lights are the best.

cd
Old 02-18-2002, 03:26 AM

haha. forgot that part. we have to schedule a rematch. this time we gotta bring an airhorn.

Originally posted by ChrisD
Pbbit, I heard pappy couldn't hear your horn

Going with a horn start is never good.. espescially since you have to be able to hear it above your revving.. a revving s2k at 6k is really hard to hear over. Lights are the best.

cd
Old 02-18-2002, 02:47 PM

BOTH CARS WILL HOLD IT'S OWN ALL ON THE DRIVER

2001 PY ITR 14.3 BONE STOCK < ICEFIRE069>

2001 S2K SILVER *LEARNING THE CAR*14.4 @98MPH< FITZUNI>

FOR SALE
2000 CIVIC SI BLUE
Old 02-18-2002, 08:22 PM

I think the second race was a little more than a bumper. I was a car ahead when you shut down in 3rd, and that was with you being a half a car ahead from the 10 mph roll. But I do agree we need to do it on a better street with lights, that way no excuses and all fairness.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:59 AM

Originally posted by Pappy
I think the second race was a little more than a bumper. I was a car ahead when you shut down in 3rd, and that was with you being a half a car ahead from the 10 mph roll. But I do agree we need to do it on a better street with lights, that way no excuses and all fairness.

so a rematch is in order then . this time around we have to get someone from the sidelines to flash their lights to start us off. at least its visual and that way it would be even out.