Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Sticky predicament

Old 02-17-2008, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky predicament

Hey guys,

I've recently found myself in a tricky situation.

My girlfriend Julia and I recently moved down to Florida to live with her sister in Lehigh Acres near Fort Myers. Julia has a full scholarship to Miami University and has been making the trek there 3 times a week as this was the only place we had to stay.

Julia came down about 3 weeks before myself; I have been in Florida a total of 18 days.
I just got a job with Primerica, which I will putting up a post about shortly; hopefully I'll be able to help the good majority of my s2ki family out there as they opened my eyes severely.

Long story short, Julia and myself have recently found ourselves homeless due to a petty argument she had with her sister over LAUNDRY of all things. Ro be extremely brief, I wanted to see if anyone has a place we might be able to stay at for a few weeks until I'm up on my feet, or know of anyone services, assistances in Florida that could possibly help. We were totally unprepared to be out looking for rental's at this point and have been staying at a local Howard Johnson hotel. But at $90 a night, we simply don't have any more resources to stay here.

If you guys know of anything that could possibly help I would greatly appreciate it!
Shoot me a pm, drop me a line, email, whatever is easiest for you.

Thanks in advance

James & Julia

P.S. Anything in my signature is potentially up for sale. If it's anything exhaust related i would need to get the stock equivalent back as all my stock stuff is still in NY. I would be willing to give you the stockies back if you wanted once i get mine down in a month or so.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

one... make up with the sister... family is important and petty isn't

two.. find a cheaper hotel.... depending on where.. 90 is double what you could find...
Old 02-17-2008, 05:33 AM

If you can recommend any hotel's in fort myers that are $45 and are decent i'd gladly go there. I took a look at a couple of weekly rental motel places and found that most want about $600 a week plus taxes, and I found one that wanted $200 but that was over the bridge through a time portal and back into hillbilly heaven.

Thanks so far

p.s. fyi we didn't leave by choice, so unfortunately I don't think she's going to have us back as her slaves there.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:48 AM

That sucks man. Sorry about your misfortune.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Js S2k,Feb 17 2008, 09:15 AM
Miami University
Where's that?
Old 02-17-2008, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by JerseyGirl,Feb 17 2008, 09:48 AM
Where's that?
Lol in Miami! About 2 hours away. This was the ONLY person that we knew in FLorida. We already looked into the school helping us with housing, but they're unable to help couples if we're not married.

The worst part is we spent the good portion of our monies helping the sister when we first moved down. So apartments are looking hard at the moment.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it University of Miami in Coral Gables? If so, I'd ask about this in the So Fla forum.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:12 AM

Yeah it's there but we need to stay near Fort Myers. as thats where my job is at the moment, hence why i asked here.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:19 AM

Hmm... I know there is a large numbe of homes available to rent. I have a friend in Ft. Lauderdale with a house to rent.

Here in Melbourne they are everywhere. Here is what I suggest. Call a realtor, tell them you are looking to rent a house and looking for a good deal. It may take a couple of realtors but soon you will find someone who has a great house for rent they cannot fill.

The only people I know in your area are home inspectors.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by EliseAddict,Feb 17 2008, 10:19 AM
Hmm... I know there is a large numbe of homes available to rent. I have a friend in Ft. Lauderdale with a house to rent.

Here in Melbourne they are everywhere. Here is what I suggest. Call a realtor, tell them you are looking to rent a house and looking for a good deal. It may take a couple of realtors but soon you will find someone who has a great house for rent they cannot fill.

The only people I know in your area are home inspectors.
Thanks, I've found a million and one places to rent. But due to not the greatest credit in the world, and the fact we used 90% of our disposable monies to help her sister, we're not in a place where we can give $600, $800 whatever down that they need.

Quick Reply: Sticky predicament