Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

there ought to be a law....

Old 11-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default there ought to be a law....

so today i see a new black 350 Nismo at the gas station. i make a quick turn in to talk to the owner, hell this is the first nismo i have seen and it looks yummy. i think most of us would assume the driver of a nismo would have to be a "car guy" or at least a car girl, correct? sadly this wasn't the case....

me- "hey when did you get your nismo?"

mr. schmoe - "yesterday"

me -"wow, congrats. this is the first one i have seen in person. it looks great!"

mr. schmoe - "yeah, it suppose to be special. it has some kinda body dampners on it and the dealers are only getting one each. i traded in my toyota seqoiua because the gas was killing me."

me- "yeah, dampners along with a host of other goodies. this is a great factory built track car. so you bought the nismo because gas was killing you? well you better keep your foot off the gas peddle of this."

mr. schmoe- "yeah, its got like 300hp but the interior is very lacking. you can't get alot of creature comforts on this model. btw, do you know where a pressure car was is around here? the automatic car wash place wouldn't run my car through because it's too low and the rear wing thing. then they wanted to charge me $50 for a hand wash."

me-"the pressure wash place is over there. (me pointing)"

mr. schmoe-" i can't see myself washing this thing by hand all the time."

me-"you should take this out to the track sometime. check out chinmotorsports.com they do most of the local tracks like sebring and roebling road."

mr.schmoe- "chin what"

me-"chinmotorsports.com. enjoy your car, i gotta go."

mr.schmoe- " yeah, see ya."

there ought to be a law that prevents this type of injustice. i left there thinking what a waste of a geat car. i hope i never see him wailing on this thing because innocent people will be in danger. mr.schmoe is mid 40's and obviously has no clue, i wonder if he pumped in regular gas.....

sad day indeed.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ugh ... what an unfortunate situation. All we can hope for is that he hates it so much that he takes it back to trade in on a Maxima and loses $10k on the deal so one of us can pick it up for the cheap!

That is one of the things i like about Ferrari and the sale of their elite cars. You typically have to prove that you are an enthusiast and not some ego-maniac or broker.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:13 PM

Too funny! I guess he bought it because it looked cooler than the other ones!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:15 PM

Mid life crisis?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by jcarlton,Nov 18 2007, 07:13 PM
Too funny! I guess he bought it because it looked cooler than the other ones!
he picked it cuz he's a wanker. he went to the dealer without knowing what car at all he was going to get and told the guy he needed something that got better millage then his current car. noticing that he was a complete wanker the salesman then convinced him to buy the most expensive car they had on the lot.

i think the most important part of this story is that it is a special edition z car, with lots of major performance upgrades, it is very limited production (which i might add that 1 per lot is wrong cuz the lot here in winter haven has had 2), and they are sitting on lots... not very long, one sat here in winter haven for about a week and a half but still sitting non the less.

u would expect them to be sold out before the first one was ever delivered but why aren't they? well part of that is the economy but i think it has more to do with, while it is a great sports car, i don't see it as a real z car, its not like a 240, 260, 280, or even a 300 its just not very edgy and its not very raw, and also doesn't have much character. if u ask me i think the s2k is more deserving of being called a z... and looks more like one too lol
Old 11-18-2007, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by xupthree60,Nov 18 2007, 10:26 PM
he picked it cuz he's a wanker. he went to the dealer without knowing what car at all he was going to get and told the guy he needed something that got better millage then his current car. noticing that he was a complete wanker the salesman then convinced him to buy the most expensive car they had on the lot.

i think the most important part of this story is that it is a special edition z car, with lots of major performance upgrades, it is very limited production (which i might add that 1 per lot is wrong cuz the lot here in winter haven has had 2), and they are sitting on lots... not very long, one sat here in winter haven for about a week and a half but still sitting non the less.

u would expect them to be sold out before the first one was ever delivered but why aren't they? well part of that is the economy but i think it has more to do with, while it is a great sports car, i don't see it as a real z car, its not like a 240, 260, 280, or even a 300 its just not very edgy and its not very raw, and also doesn't have much character. if u ask me i think the s2k is more deserving of being called a z... and looks more like one too lol

I have had 3 240s and I have a modified 280Z. The salesman took him for a ride.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:07 PM

NISMO................I'm in my mid 40s and I have a clue, give it to me!!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:08 AM

So if he's not a true "Car guy" he doesn't deserve it? He's the one making the payments so who cares. It's to bad this random guy didn't meet your preconceived notion of what a "Nismo" 350Z owner should be. Every test I've read about the Nismo says the car feels better but is actually slower than the base model.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by hygiene boy,Nov 19 2007, 07:08 AM
So if he's not a true "Car guy" he doesn't deserve it? He's the one making the payments so who cares. It's to bad this random guy didn't meet your preconceived notion of what a "Nismo" 350Z owner should be.
yes, exactly.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:12 AM

xupthree60:

Let me first start by saying that I liked your post because you used the word "wanker". That's great. I really appreciate that erudite level of diction in a post. I know that sixty percent of the time my posts are tongue in cheek and sardonic so rest assured I am sincere in my compliments directed to your post.

There is one observation that Mr. Wanker made with which I whole-heartedly agree. The interior of the 350Z is not the nicest place to be...there is so much hard cheap plastic that the interior seems to recall something built from the late 80's.

I have one remaining observation about Mr. Wanker's choice...it's great that in America one has the freedom of choice and opportunity to strive for and achieve "wankerdom". If that's what flips this guy's skirt, then let him wank on.

Quick Reply: there ought to be a law....