Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

You Know You've Hit Rock Bottom When...

Old 02-16-2005, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You Know You've Hit Rock Bottom When...

Your dad tells you he has cancer and asks you to move home to take care of him while he goes through surgery and radiation therapy.

You move within two days and have to adjust to a whole new living situation.

You are still paying for an apartment you don't live in, and they won't let you out of your lease early.

You lose 10lbs from not eating right or exercising regularly due to all the stress, and you feel like shit.

Some dumb girl in a SUV backs into your parked S2K and crushes your right fender and scratches up the bumper. She tries to drive off, but you flag her down and get her info so her insurance will be paying for the damages.

Your S2K is going to be in the shop for 2-3 weeks while you drive a piece of crap rental car.

You are informed that your position at work will no longer exist as of March 15 due to restructuring within the firm.

You are on a desperate job hunt in order to pay bills, including the S2K you can't drive for several weeks and the apartment you no longer live in.

And...

You turn 30 today!!!!!

Luckily, my girlfriend (Joy) and I got back together (in Jan) after a short breakup, and she has been the one reason why I have been able to get through all of this and just laugh because I know it really can't get much worse I hope!).
Old 02-16-2005, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

dayumm!
Keep your chin up.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:28 AM

Wow, that is bad stuff. I hope things go well for you dad, sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear you and Joy are back together. I was kind of shocked that you guys broke up

The job situation sucks, I was in your shoes last May. I found another job within a month, hopefully you'll have a short job hunt also.

Keep the good thoughts going, you are probably right, things can't get much worse.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:39 AM

To add to the list...

Joy broke her toe last night...it was run over during our car meet/promo event while we were lining everyone up....can it get much worse?

Yeah, I'm pretty positive about things now. Everything happened so quickly and was extremely stressful. But now it makes me eager and willing to accept all changes and make things better.

Dave, although Joy and I broke up for about a month, it was good for us. It forced certain things to happen that needed to take place for the relationship to work (financial issues - main problem). Now that those things have been taken care of, we can pursue our relationship and think about the future together. We just celebrated three years in Jan.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:40 AM

Wow, i have had very similar situation. I hope your dad makes thru ok. As far as the car is concerned time flys by. It has taken me 3 years and 5 engines to make my set up, Wich i now have to redo.. It will get better!
Old 02-16-2005, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by natedoggs2k' date='Feb 16 2005, 12:13 PM
Your dad tells you he has cancer and asks you to move home to take care of him while he goes through surgery and radiation therapy.

You move within two days and have to adjust to a whole new living situation.

You are still paying for an apartment you don't live in, and they won't let you out of your lease early.

You lose 10lbs from not eating right or exercising regularly due to all the stress, and you feel like shit.

Some dumb girl in a SUV backs into your parked S2K and crushes your right fender and scratches up the bumper. She tries to drive off, but you flag her down and get her info so her insurance will be paying for the damages.

Your S2K is going to be in the shop for 2-3 weeks while you drive a piece of crap rental car.

You are informed that your position at work will no longer exist as of March 15 due to restructuring within the firm.

You are on a desperate job hunt in order to pay bills, including the S2K you can't drive for several weeks and the apartment you no longer live in.

And...

You turn 30 today!!!!!

Luckily, my girlfriend (Joy) and I got back together (in Jan) after a short breakup, and she has been the one reason why I have been able to get through all of this and just laugh because I know it really can't get much worse I hope!).
You're sacrifice is a good one, don't worry, good things will come back to you ten-fold. True character only comes out in stressful times, you will be fine.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:27 AM

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm ready for the good stuff to start rolling!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:51 AM

Hope all goes well with your Dad and glad you and Joy have worked out everything.

I'm going through something simular, completed chemo, wrecked the TR-6 and fighting with insurance because they want to total it, and taking care of a ninty year old Mother with diamentia. Keep always remember PMA (positive mental attitude) will create PMS (positive mental situations).

Take care my friend. PEACE and safe
Old 02-16-2005, 11:12 AM

Wow! Sorry to hear that Vic! I hope all turns out well.

I'll keep the PMA and the PMS going!
Old 02-16-2005, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nate, so sorry to hear about all the crappy things that have happened. Hopefully things will continue to get better and in April you'll get to slay the dragon! Glad to hear you're back w/ Joy. Can't wait to see her in TN.

Quick Reply: You Know You've Hit Rock Bottom When...