Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

The time has come - To Step down

Old 08-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The time has come - To Step down

Hi Gateway Community

I am posting this topic with a saddened heart . As you may have already noticed, my activity level has really dropped over the past few months. I just don't have the spare time anymore to give this community the time it needs to keep it as active as it has been in the past. I have new commitments at work which keep me much more active there and also am dealing with some parental health issues which is taking most of Sherry's and my time each and every weekend.

With that said, I am planning on stepping down as your community organizer before the end of the year. I am still going to try to plan the MOM Fall Run, however, this will be my last planning event. Sherry and I will still remain as active in the group as we can going forward. This group however will need someone that can, and is willing to, spend time organizing upcoming events and keep this group going.

The Community Organizer is usually nominated and voted for by the community. Therefore, I would like to use this thread to get those nominations out there. I would like to get someone elected to this position sooner than later so I can give them some of my time and share my past knowledge with them.

We have quite a few active members these days so we need someone who is active to step up to this challenge.

Below is a good description of the role of a CO:

The community organizer is an essential part of the S2Ki community. With out you, the number of Regional Communities we have would not exist.

The Community Organizer is not a moderator. I prefer not to associate the word "moderator" with Community Organizer. When occupying this role you do have moderator priviledges, only for the reason of keeping the peace within your organization, and keeping unauthorized advertisers out. We tell every forum moderator to not over moderate as this appears to be to heavy handed. If you need to edit a thread, make sure you post a note as to why. Or, if you have to lock a thread, post your reasoning.

S2Ki Directors do not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. All regional community forums, were requested by people in that area. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to the plate to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

Developing a club "Community"
Establishing a club name with input
Maintain the membership list
Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
Take the lead in organizing local or community events
If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself.
As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000.
You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.

Let the nominations begin!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

I had a feeling this was coming. If you and Sherry need anything, holla!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieU,Aug 8 2008, 11:49 AM
I had a feeling this was coming.
Me too

At least you are not selling the s so you can still participate and share you knowledge.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by jimmij,Aug 8 2008, 12:00 PM
Me too

At least you are not selling the s so you can still participate and share you knowledge.
I would love to nominate you, but understand that it will be very difficult with all of the traveling you do.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:21 AM

Mike know that Duane and I are here if you guys need anything!

Deb
Old 08-08-2008, 11:38 AM

I'm sorry to hear this news Mike. Hope things with work and especially your family all turn out for the best.

I thought at first you were going to say you were selling your S but after reading your post it still sounds like your planning on being as involved as you can with the group going forward. At least that is good to hear.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into Gateway over the years.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that Mike.

I know that it takes a lot of time, energy, patience to run a car community + club. It seems like you put in more and more and get even less back. And it can be very discouraging at times and hard to make everyone happy. You
Old 08-08-2008, 01:58 PM

WOW, Mike very sorry to hear your stepping down as CO, but very glad to hear you will still be around to share your knowledge and your and Sherry's friendship... Thanks for all the hard work... Please let Judy and I know if you need any thing...
Old 08-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Community Organizer

I appreciate everyones feedback and comment... but we do need someone to step in and run this community. Any volunteers?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:21 PM

Mike your shoes will be hard to fill for sure...... but you have been a true example for all of us.

Here's to you!!!

Quick Reply: The time has come - To Step down