S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Hard at Work (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/hard-work-153/)
-   -   Geek Thread: XBOX 360 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/hard-work-153/geek-thread-xbox-360-a-431787/)

Poindexter 10-19-2006 05:02 AM

Geek Thread: XBOX 360

My old XBox was the DVD player, and it used to be the game console a long time ago (when I played games) when it decided to take a crap. I was at my local Verizon store looking at the new Blackberry when I decided to stop by EB Games, which is in the same shopping center. I still figured the X360 was still in short supply (I haven't been paying attention to it) and was shocked to hear they've got tons of them. So I bought one. Now I can play my iPod through the home system, watch hi-def movies on my none hi-def TV, and the best part - play some games again.

I forgot how much fun those addictive, pizza-inspiring, up-all-night inducing, anti-work/school/socializing, little round bastards are!

When I told Chad I picked the X360 up he said "Ahhhh - I never really liked video games, I'll watch movies on it and that's about it". Now Chad is a Project Gotham Racing 3 addict :LOL:

So, who else has taken the 360 plunge? What games are good? What equipment is worth picking up?

List your stuff, and I guess we'll go for a rating system, so we know what to get and avoid:

:thumbdn: :thumbdn: = ultimate suck - it gets no worse.
:thumbdn: = I didn't like it, but I can see where someone else may love it.
:shrug: = yeah, whatever. I'm indifferent to it.
:thumbup: = not bad at all. I'll play/use it again.
:thumbup: :thumbup: = Awesome! Will reuse and replay again and again.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :eek3: = WOW! It doesn't get any better!!!

Games:
    Equipment:

TepEvan 10-19-2006 05:06 AM

I decided to wait until the holidays. They aren't reducing the price, but they are coming out with bundle packages (as well as the HDDVD drive). Plus Halo 3 doesn't come out until March 07, which would be my real reason to buy it :)

e3opian 10-19-2006 06:07 AM

I'm desperately trying to hold out for PS3 and Wii... but lately I'm starting to change my mind. Test Drive Unlimited looks completely bad ass! You should check it out!

Nandska 10-19-2006 06:55 AM

I've had the 360 for awhile. It's pretty cool, especially if you like to watch burned DVDs.

I don't remember all of the games I have for it. I'll see if I can compile a list when I get home. ;) Don't really get to play it much though. :(

Poindexter 10-19-2006 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nandska,Oct 19 2006, 09:55 AM
      Don't really get to play it much though. :(

That's one of the bad sides for living with the girlfriend - they just don't understand :rolleyes: :hidebc:

Nandska 10-19-2006 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Oct 19 2006, 11:51 AM
      That's one of the bad sides for living with the girlfriend - they just don't understand :rolleyes: :hidebc:

:LOL:

That and when I get home from work, usually eat dinner, watch a little bit of TV and go to sleep.

Poindexter 10-19-2006 07:59 AM

I used to do that.........till I bought this 360 :LOL:

4theheckof_it 10-19-2006 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Nandska,Oct 19 2006, 09:55 AM
      Don't really get to play it much though. :(

*cough* bullshit *cough*

4theheckof_it 10-19-2006 08:01 AM

You all better get ready for Popfarts to chime in. :rofl:

S2KinVA 10-19-2006 08:09 AM

Bought mine for my son in March, hell of a game system. He has about 25 games... PGR is pimpin!