Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

New to S2KI

Old 04-07-2009, 09:29 PM

Received 679 Likes on 386 Posts
Default New to S2KI

Hi all,

I'm new to S2Ki. I'm a current student (Senior) at Johns Hopkins looking to hopefully stay in the area after I graduate next month. I bought my S2K about a year ago (03 from Georgia) and, due to school, have been pretty busy and haven't gotten around to getting too involved. As per a suggestion from O-Turn I'm just posting to introduce myself and I'm hoping get to know some of you a little bit before I can make it out to some meets.

Looking forward to getting involved,

Steve
Old 04-08-2009, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!

I live in Charles Village a few blocks from Hopkins. I think I may have seen your car around. If its the one I'm thinking of, very nice

Mike
Old 04-08-2009, 06:02 AM

Hey thanks! its a 03 blue with AP2 bumper conversions, CF hood (which has seen better days), trunk and front lip. full megan racing exhaust and megan racing coilovers. I'm hoping to pay for membership soon and get some pictures up here. Have a lot of plans for the car once i graduate (if i can get a job!)
i haven't seen many s2k's around hopkins in my four years here, O-turn mentioned that there was a member who lived in CV and worked at hopkins with his wife, is that you?

-Steve
Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 AM

Received 2,264 Likes on 1,414 Posts

welcome. What are you studying??
Old 04-08-2009, 10:33 AM

Yeah thats probably me, and I definitely recognize your car. I see on my way to work most days. I work for the JHU Applied Physics Lab in Laurel but my wife works in the Mind-Brain Institute at Homewood. What are you studying?

Mike
Old 04-08-2009, 12:14 PM

i'm studying mechanical engineering. my cars normally parked on 29th and wyman at the Sigma Phi Epsilon House (next to a really obnoxiously colored bright green bug and a silver audi tt) you work for APL huh? thats the one place that i have not applied to yet been meaning to tho

. I actually took a class with Jose Guzman, not sure if you know him or not.

Steve
Old 04-08-2009, 01:06 PM

Received 2,264 Likes on 1,414 Posts

[QUOTE=Corrado,Apr 8 2009, 02:33 PM] Yeah thats probably me, and I definitely recognize your car. I see on my way to work most days.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:51 PM

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Hellooooooooooooooo Steve!
Old 04-09-2009, 04:08 AM

http://www.jhuapl.edu/employment/sum...mmeremploy.asp
Rolfcopter: Sorry man, looks like you missed this summer's internship application cutoff date. Fortunately a degree from UMCP does not prevent you from becoming employed at APL when you graduate. (I'm a former Terp myself, Computer Engineering, '05) If you can swing it, try and get on the Formula SAE team (if they are still competing). I did that my senior year and it was a blast. Very time consuming though.

http://www.jhuapl.edu/employment/college/default.asp
Steve: You should definitely apply for APL. The pay is good, the work environment is excellent, and the benefits are very nice. Job security is very good too, almost like the federal government. I dont think I've met Jose Guzeman, but we have an intern from the mechanical engineering department in our group, Alex Thibau. You may not have met him though; I think he may still be a sophmore or a junior.

Mike
Old 04-09-2009, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Corrado,Apr 9 2009, 04:08 AM
http://www.jhuapl.edu/employment/sum...mmeremploy.asp
Rolfcopter: Sorry man, looks like you missed this summer's internship application cutoff date. Fortunately a degree from UMCP does not prevent you from becoming employed at APL when you graduate. (I'm a former Terp myself, Computer Engineering, '05) If you can swing it, try and get on the Formula SAE team (if they are still competing). I did that my senior year and it was a blast. Very time consuming though.

http://www.jhuapl.edu/employment/college/default.asp
Steve: You should definitely apply for APL. The pay is good, the work environment is excellent, and the benefits are very nice. Job security is very good too, almost like the federal government. I dont think I've met Jose Guzeman, but we have an intern from the mechanical engineering department in our group, Alex Thibau. You may not have met him though; I think he may still be a sophmore or a junior.

Mike
haha, thats great alex is actually in my fraternity and i know him very well.

i'll definately look into applying soon.

Quick Reply: New to S2KI