Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Close Call

Old 02-14-2005, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close Call

I'm bored so I'm just asking how many close calls people have in there S.

In the past week I almost got hit two times. Once was on my way to Ala Moana mall when A lady driving a Mercedes SUV pulled out of a store parking lot and she wasn't looking my way. I saw her coming out and I thought that she would see me and then stop. Well she didn't stop coming and neither did I so when I figured that she wasn't going to stop and when the wife was really really screaming " O $Hit" I swerved and got missed by about a few inches. All I saw out the passenger window before I swerved was the big mercedes sign. That made me laugh, but the wife was pretty mad.I guess that's what an auto cross feels like when your whipping the steering wheal left to right really quick.

The other incident was today when I was merging onto H1 well it was a two lane road coming on to H1 and the guy next to me decided that he wanted to be in my lane and not his anymore. So he comes into my lane pushing me off the road. I had to slam on the brakes and get on the shoulder. So I speed up and see what the heck his or her problem was, and this prick was on the phone. I was so pissed I wish I had something to throw out my window, I should of thrown my old ass cell phone at him....Ahhhhh that one really pissed me off.

So anyone else have any close calls??
Old 02-14-2005, 05:13 PM

My close call was when I was in Kailua. I was behind this old lady in a 99 Honda Accord. She thought she could beat the traffic light but it turned red and she was half way in the intersection. She decides to reverse. I gave her plenty of room because I knew she was going to reverse. Well she reversed and forgot to put the car back in Drive. I knew she forgot her car was in Reverse and the light was about to turn green. So I just pushed my seat back and braced for impact. So when the lights turned green she floored it and her head jerked foward and she realized she was in reverse and she managed to brake. She stopped 1 inch away from my car lol.. I was super duper lucky that day.LOL
Old 02-14-2005, 06:02 PM

Well this was a close call but she still hit me I was at Pearlridge Mall downtown side up on the second floor parking lot where the theaters are. Anyway my son and I were finding some place to park and I pulled behind this chick driving a car much to big for her as I could not even see anyone driving that dang tank. She was just sitting there in the middle of the lane waiting for what? I had no clue cuz no one was pulling out and she had no blinkers on. So I waited a couple of mins and was like what the hell is this person doing? Then out of the blue I see her reverse lights come on I was like OH *&%#@!!!!!!! I then yanked it into reverse as fast as I could and tried to pull back but it was to late BAMMM I just flew out of my car and was about to snap at this cute chick but I was so busy looking for any damage. She was crying and saying I am so sorry and saying a bunch of other things but I was not paying attention at the moment. I told her there is no damage so I wont make a report. She then said I am so very sorry and here is my number, if there is anything that I could do just let me know. (hhmmm) So I told her well now you have to take me out to dinner then This happened during Christmas so of course I have a big later that day I took apart the front bumper and there were no marks or anything on it so I was lucky to reverse when I did or it might have been different.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by kevsS2' date='Feb 14 2005, 04:13 PM
My close call was when I was in Kailua. I was behind this old lady in a 99 Honda Accord. She thought she could beat the traffic light but it turned red and she was half way in the intersection. She decides to reverse. I gave her plenty of room because I knew she was going to reverse. Well she reversed and forgot to put the car back in Drive. I knew she forgot her car was in Reverse and the light was about to turn green. So I just pushed my seat back and braced for impact. So when the lights turned green she floored it and her head jerked foward and she realized she was in reverse and she managed to brake. She stopped 1 inch away from my car lol.. I was super duper lucky that day.LOL
braced for impact = )

thats the best story ever!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:21 PM

I wish I was driving my wifes 95 POS civic. I would of just sat there and let them hit me. It's not like I could honk my horn at then since both the horn buttons on her car came out. LOL
Old 02-14-2005, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by PAKS2K' date='Feb 14 2005, 05:21 PM
I wish I was driving my wifes 95 POS civic. I would of just sat there and let them hit me. It's not like I could honk my horn at then since both the horn buttons on her car came out. LOL
you get number 2 for the best stories...
Old 02-14-2005, 07:45 PM

Who has the number one story?

I forgot to mention that her AC doesn't work and her shifter (automatic car) pops on and off (A screw came loose and we havn't replaced it yet)? I guess If I was driving her car I could of thrown that at the guy that ran me off the road.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by kevsS2' date='Feb 14 2005, 04:13 PM
Old 02-14-2005, 11:52 PM

On the subject, the best thing to throw at people who piss you off on the road, LUGNUT. It's easy to throw and the impact is good. So keep some laying around in your car. I'm speaking from experience... Ah, the sweet memory, dam car had a good size dent on the rear quarter panel.... Also, most of my incounters were people talking on there cell phones. People on there cell phones just don't pay attention when driving...Give it some time, I think they will pass some sort of law here in Hawaii on cell phone use while driving.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This one happened a while ago...

Had a freaky moment getting home after the Not Sponsored cruise. I was cruisin behind 3 3000GT's at the end of the day. We were leaving Hawaii Kai and pulling onto H1 when some freak in a dodge truck came along. I first saw him in the rearview cutting in and out of traffic like Dale Junior. When he got up on my right side in the middle lane he had no more holes, so he made one by forcing me out of the left lane and onto the shoulder. My top was down and he look right at me and my wife before he did it, he just didn't care we were there. My wife said his eyes looked wierd and I think he was high on something. I got a bad feeling when he look over at us so I slammed my brakes and ditched my lane because I knew he was coming. I also layed on my horn which really pissed him off. He then kept slamming his brakes trying to get me to rear-end him, so I back way off. He was still pissed so he cut someone off in the middle lane and slowed down to get next to me. Now he's yelling "Whats your f**kin problem" over at us, so I punch it and move forward, but theres too many cars to go anywhere. Now he moves in behind me again and he keeps surging at us like he's going to ram us, and my wife is starting to get really freaked out. I'm trying to keep calm (I have a bad temper...)and I pick up cell and act like I'm calling the cops or something. This apparently aggrivates him more because he again forces another car out of its lane and comes up next to me shouting " I'm goin to shoot you! Your dead! Your f--king dead!". I don't see a gun but I'm not playing anymore games so I hit 911 on the cell and floor it, traffic had finnaly opened up a little, and start weaving to place some distance between us. I gave the cops the plate numbers and I last saw him still heading west on H1 as I took the Pearl Harbor exit, just too bad he didn't follow me to the gate.

I haven't seen the guy since, even though I would love to when my wife isn't around. Keep safe out there, highways can be a goddamn war zone. There were 3 road rage incidents that ended in gun fire while I was in San Diego last month...

Quick Reply: Close Call