S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Did your car start today?

Old 06-27-2001, 07:16 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My S2000 started today. It didn't have any funny noises in the tranny, the clutch or the diff. My windows go up and down like they should. My stereo is quite adequate for my tastes. It doesn't burn oil anymore but when it did, I didn't really worry much about it. I drive it through the rain and it doesn't leak. There are no fluids on my garage floor. Nothing has come loose and nothing has fallen off. After 8500 km, it has not acted up in any way. This is a really, really good car.

(It has been mentioned in several posts that to those who first come to this forum [lurkers & non-owners & wanabees, & curious by-standers] and read all the "stuff" that people are going through with this car that they must think the worst of it. It has been said that noone ever posts that their car is trouble free because this ain't news. So there, I've bucked the trend. MY CAR STARTED TODAY!) Anybody else?
Old 06-27-2001, 07:21 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! Mine started too, what are the odds?
Old 06-27-2001, 07:25 PM

My car started too. In fact I have yet to have a problem with the car. Of course my car only has 6100 miles on it, guess I will have to wait until 120,000mi or so...
Old 06-27-2001, 07:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep! My Scarlet left the spa yesterday and she started up like the champ that she is several times today! After 28k miles, she is perfectly reliable...it's an amazing thing.

No leaks anywhere. No noises. Sweet automotive excellence...

Makes me do this ----->
Old 06-27-2001, 07:57 PM

Oh, man....

This morning, my rear window was crystal clear and didn't have any creases. I didn't once wish I had a glass window, because I knew that I was driving a convertible which was meant to be driven with the top down.

My top went down like a charm, my windows went down automatically, and my boot fit perfectly. Total time from start to finish? Less than a minute. My boot tabs never popped up. I noticed that nearly all of my paint was intact and was not peeling.

On the way to work, I did not have any problems with my MAP sensor, I had no hesitation, my axles did not snap, my differential caps did not break, and the tranny did not grind when shifting. I did accelerate rapidly and purposely slip my rear tires at a corner, but there was no snap oversteer and I did not lose control in the rain. My clutch did not get hot and refuse to grab. The car did not reach 4 bars, even with the front grill. I did notice that my AC worked fine.

I parked the car without experiencing brake fade, and the door shut securely. The keyless entry system worked perfectly. I noticed that I did not need to replace my S-02's today and that I had no noticable break dust. I did not dent my hood while sitting at my desk.

All in all, it was a boring day on the maintenance front. If I hadn't hit 8500rpm to beat a Camaro to the left turn lane, I might have been bored. My non-synthetic oil did not seem to create any sludge or unusual wear on the way home.
Old 06-27-2001, 08:38 PM

did not drive it today, but it started yesterday, drove to work, vtec'd several times, rear window looks great, top lowered just fine, windows worked, AC was VERY cold even with top down, no grinds in any gear, and the only funny sound was the DJ on the radio.

-Shing
Old 06-27-2001, 08:46 PM

Hey, my car started today as well. Top went down with no problems and it still hauls ass!!!
Old 06-27-2001, 09:44 PM

My car did start today but I have noticed it starts to lurch! It's the weirdest thing...I am stopped at a light and when the light turns green, my car acts like it is possesed! It revs to 9000rpm and then I have to change to second gear! It revs to 9000rpm and then I have to change to third gear!! I have no idea how to control it!! It just keeps going faster and faster! The only thing I can figure is that the petal under my right foot is broken! If I take my foot off the petal, the car just glides!! Is that normal?? Thanks for your help in advance!

Mark
Old 06-27-2001, 09:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thank GOD that my car started today. If it didn't I'd be screwed. It has to take me to work EVERY day. Maybe I'd be better off if it would break once in a while but so far that hasn't been the case.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:59 PM

Mine didn't, neither did my Civic. Luckily for my my del Sol did, them I remembered that the reason the other two hondas didn't start