Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Stolen Seats

Old 04-03-2004, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So for those of you who have dealt with stolen seats (I will also do a search) - what was the cost, hassle, etc? My insurance company is going to want to know...

Also, recommendations for a paint shop that will do near perfect work? Dorks that swiped my seats did a great job of dragging one down the side of my car. Prefer eastside (Kirkland down to Renton). I know there are the typical places people recommend - just want to know if those had changed due to recent experiences.

Also keep on the lookout for stock seats WITH SEAT HEATERS INSTALLED!

Annie
Old 04-03-2004, 07:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That totally sucks.

I've always had good paint results from Kenny's Auto Rebuild in Renton. I go there because I work right next door.

I did notice a couple fasteners missing at Spokane last weekend. I think they may have been missing from last Aug, when I had Kenny's repair a door ding. So that was a little disappointing. But in general I think they do a really good job AFAICT.

-Mike
Old 04-03-2004, 07:48 AM

BTW, where were they stolen? In Renton? Overnight or during the day?
Old 04-03-2004, 07:48 AM

stock seats if purchased from honda are 2500 a pieace. they cannot be baught whole you have to assemble them piece by piece! sorry about your lose. I recomend north central colliosion in kent, they only do really high end nice cars...merc's bmw's things like that very upscale and nice work
Old 04-03-2004, 07:49 AM

PPS Seat heaters? How much does that cost?
Old 04-03-2004, 07:53 AM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I've had excellent luck w/ Eastside Collision Centre, Ltd. in Redmond.

17443 NE 70th Street

Phone (425) 883-1011
Fax (425) 883-0123
Old 04-03-2004, 08:14 AM

Thanks for all the advice, guys, please keep it coming! The seats (with seat heaters), shift knob, remote for the garage door, cd case and headphones (only) from my walkman were stolen right from my driveway sometime last night in the Renton Highlands. No alarm (yet).

I had seat locks sitting on the kitchen counter that I hadn't installed because I've been busy working on my Spec Miata the past two weeks... DANG IT! Yes, I'm terribly PISSED at myself for that!

The cop who came out confirmed what I thought - these weren't kids, they were pros. Both door locks intact. No slashing of the top. Only a minor scuff in the interior (center console) and I'm convinced it was because they were trying to avoid dinging our Boxster S's door which was parked along side (not even a fingerprint on the Boxster). They had to be CAREFUL to get the seat out without dinging the Boxster's door, which is probably how the scraped paint on my car happened.

I live in one of the new developments where you could smell your neighbor's fart if it was bad enough - the houses are that close. The theives were brave! Neither myself nor my immediate neigbors saw/heard anything. And one neighbor's bedroom window is probably not more than 50 feet from my car.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... theives suck!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:28 AM

You have a Spec Miata, S, and a Boxster S? Is there a 12-step group for roadster addiction?

I assume you have already changed the code on that garage door opener? I had one stolen last year. Couldn't figure out why until I went to buy a replacement. They are ridiculously priced. PITA to change the codes on the doors and the other opener, too.

-Mike
Old 04-03-2004, 08:31 AM

Yup, the first thing I did once I had the police report & insurance claim number was to delete all codes off the garage door opener and reprogram our remaining remote. That more than anything gave me the willies since I was home alone last night...

And yes, the addiction to roadsters is insane - TWO Spec Miatas (although they have hard tops), my S, Ron's Boxster S. At one point we had SIX convertibles... at least we've cut it down to four, now!
Old 04-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If you need a place to store Betty, I'll be happy to be a babysitter...

Quick Reply: Stolen Seats