Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Site FAQ

Old 02-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy Site FAQ

Help Files

READ FIRST vvv

S2KI includes discussion forums for our members and guests to publicly discuss a wide range of topics in a civilized manner. We have some rules posted here to set boundaries about what content you may post and the manner you may post it. There is no first amendment here. If we think your post violates our rules we will delete it and maybe even ban you from posting any more depending on how far outside the lines you draw.

We offer no guarantee that the information our visitors post is accurate, caveat emptor, buyer beware. We don't vouch for the honestly or trustworthiness of our visitors nor do we warrant in any way the identity, statements, specifications or any other information left by our visitors is even slightly honest or true. Heck, we won't even guarantee that the content posted by visitors to this site conforms to our own rules. You get what you get and you may not always like it

We have a team of moderators who traverse the content posted and do their best to remove content which they believe violates our posted rules. They do their best but aren't always 100% successful. We don't guarantee they will or can be. If you think they missed something please use the REPORT POST button on the post and someone will be notified.

Because these forums are open to public comment there is a good chance that at some point you are going to see something you don't like. Someone may leave negative or critical comments to something you post, violently disagree with something you say or offend you in some way. That is simply the nature of discussion forums.

I'm telling you this now, before you post that picture of your beloved cat "snuggle" only to have some people or person ask if that photo is of the front or back or ask if you backed over him with your car. It could happen, you've been warned. The discussion is what it is, you have no control over who responds or what they say. We won't change that. The best we can do is close it for further comment if it goes in the crapper.

READ AGAIN ^^^

If you are having trouble accessing or using s2ki.com's website please check the link above. If you can't find the answer to your problem there then by all means post a question in the Site Info forum for us to try and answer. We can't offer basic browser help to everyone on the Internet but we'll do what we can to help you access the site and use it's features.

I Can't Post!!

This is the #1 problem anyone has. To post you need to make sure you've done 3 very important things:

1. You registered an account. You must have an account to post here.

2. You confirmed your registration by clicking the activation link in the Validation Email you were sent. If you registered but were not sent an email with instructions on activating your account try these things in order:
  • Click this link to have it resent; maybe it was lost
  • Check that the email address in your profile is correct; maybe you made a typo?
  • Send an email to our email auto-responder. If you don't get a message back then you are unable to receive email from us. Talk to your ISP or IT staff. When the auto-responder successfully sends back a "pong" message, try the Resend Validation option again.

3. You are actually logged in! Yes I know it seems obvious but many times we hear from people that they can't post messages only to find out they haven't logged on. It may be a new computer or browser or even just a change of location. Make sure you see "Logged in as: <your name>" at the top of this page and not "Welcome Guest". If you see "Welcome Guest" then click the Log In link to the right of it.

Other things which have caught people out include:

1. You changed the email address in your profile. If you change your email address then you MUST revalidate and activate your account. Follow the instruction above if you didn't receive an activation email after you made the change.

2. Cookies are disabled/blocked. We require cookies to know you who you are between pages. Many firewall and Internet security packages or even your browser have options which block or prevent us from keeping this information current. If we can't know who you are we can't keep you logged in. Check your internet security settings and make sure they aren't too strict for a site like this which involves a lot of interaction. Specifically check for:
  • Javascript is enabled for this site. We need it
  • Java applets are enabled, some features may require it
  • Popups are not blocked. We use popup windows for many things and if you have them blocked for this site some things aren't going to work right. We never popup ads or anything unrelated to actually using the site's functions
  • Cookies are enabled. We need them to keep you logged in to the site. There is an option on the login page named "Remember Me" you can use if you want to discard our cookies (like on a shared computer at school, a library or Internet cafe) after you close the browser.

I can access the site from work but not from home (or vise versa)

The most likely problem here is that your ISP is using an IP address block which has only recently been assigned. We screen out addresses which aren't assigned to anyone. This list get updated periodically but may be out of date. If you have this issue make sure none of the issues above exist and then let us know. Give us your IP address if you have it.

I can see some images but not others

Some image links maybe simply be invalid. If this problem is wide spread (lot of images you can't see or are broken) then check your firewall software. This is a known issue with Norton Firewall for Windows. Make sure the option to allow dynamic images or images without a specific file extension (.gif, .jpg, .png, etc.) is enabled. Some images may be generated by our servers on-the-fly and their URLs may not have an image file name but rather are for a script.

The layout of the site is weird

If things seem disjointed, messed up or simply don't look right it may be the browser you are using. We have designed the site for use with the Firefox 1.x browser. Other browsers may not fully support the standards for how the site is encoded and tagged. IE6 and Safari also work ok but your milage will vary as your browser gets older and more obsolete. If you are using Netscape or IE 4 then don't call us we'll call you!

Do yourself and everyone else a big favor. Go to Firefox Home Page and download and use Firefox.

If you have other issues we haven't covered please let us know. I'll keep this FAQ as up to date as possible and as other issue become common.

I can't send a PM (Private Message)
As a new guest on the forums, you will have a short time probation period with limited use of the system's features. Personal messages (PMs) are disabled for two weeks to discourage spammers. If you sign up as a member, there is no time restriction.

I can't view profiles
As a new guest on the forums, there is a 2 week probation period where certain functions are limited, this includes viewing profiles of other members. If you sign up as a member, there is no restriction.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Q. How do I post pictures

First you need to have the picture or image hosted on the Internet. Become a member and you can host your images and photos on s2ki.com. If you can access it with your browser from a web address then:

a. Use the [ IMG ]http://host.domain.tld/image.jpg[ /IMG ] tag in your post. Substitute the part between [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] with the web address of the photo.

b. For member photos stored in your member photo album choose the album and then click the thumbnail of the photo in the Photo Chooser located below the message body area of the post form. A [ PHOTO ] tag will be inserted in your message.

Q. How do I add a picture to my signature

See "How do I post pictures" above.

Q. Just wondering how this stars system works..

One star for every full or partial year since registration.

Q. Who gets stars?

Admins & Moderators (Blue), Gold Members & Community Organizers (Gold), Members (Red)) and Sponsors (Green) get stars.

Q. Who can have a custom Avatar?

See Who gets stars

Q. How big can my Avatar be?

100x100 pixels max dimension, 15KB max file size.

Q. What is the maximum size of a signature?

600x90 pixels max dimension, 100KB total max size.

Q. Why can't I post a topic in For Sale?

Only Admins, Moderators, Members and Sponsors can post new topics in the For Sale forum. Commercial posts (posts advertising parts for resale) are not permitted by anyone.

Q. Why are most of the topics in Site info locked?

Topics in Site Info are locked when resolved or answered. Discussions remain open while relevant and are then locked.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Good info from across the pond

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/894...#entry21215729
Old 05-04-2012, 05:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you direct me to post that shows how to construct that personalized replica of your car that people have in the signature area? Thanks
Old 05-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/index.php...#entry13550199
Old 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

FAQ: I don't see ____ sub-forums anymore, ____ feature doesn't work anymore, or I can't send/receive PMs. Did I get banned or something?
Answer: Check your membership status. If you were a member and are now a guest, it probably just expired.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Update regarding PM (Private Message) feature to new users

As a new Guest on the forums, you will have a short time probation period with limited use of the system's features. Personal messages (PMs) are disabled for two weeks to discourage spammers.

If you sign up as a Member, there is no time restriction.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trouble with the site. I am a new paid member with a current posting on Cars for Sale. I cannot find out how to add pictures to a reply for my listing. I have looked everywhere on the site. Also I get the message that "I cannot start a new listing" or "I dont have permission to view member listing" I am logged in. Checking under FAQ just sends me in circles. Please take a look. Jeff
Old 07-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Looks like your membership hasn't gone through yet. When did you purchase it? Sometimes they take a little while to go through. If you paid using PayPal, forward to your receipt to support at s2ki dot com.

Also, are you trying to use the Fast Reply box? If so, try the Add Reply button instead. That might give you some options to attach files.

Alternatively, you can host your images elsewhere (e.g. Photobucket, Facebook) and link them here.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone help me, im getting this error #10245 You are not permitted to view member profiles when i click on a user or even my own profile, i want to pm somebody.

Quick Reply: Site FAQ