Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Site FAQ

Old 06-05-2015, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Try again tomorrow. There is a two-week probation period for new guests. You should have access to those features tomorrow. Or you can purchase a membership; there is no probation period for paid members.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieU
Try again tomorrow. There is a two-week probation period for new guests. You should have access to those features tomorrow. Or you can purchase a membership; there is no probation period for paid members.
Thanks Julie. didn't realise it was only 2 weeks since i joined, feels longer
Old 06-08-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good evening. When i add pictures via attachments they only show up and thumbnails. Is there a way to resize pictures via code or is this a function of paid memberships? I don't think I have seen anyone post thumbnails but myself and I haven't been able to figure out how to resolve.

Thanks,
Will S.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:39 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by NOVA01S2K
Good evening. When i add pictures via attachments they only show up and thumbnails. Is there a way to resize pictures via code or is this a function of paid memberships? I don't think I have seen anyone post thumbnails but myself and I haven't been able to figure out how to resolve.

Thanks,
Will S.
When you add as an attachment they default to a thumbnail, when you click on them they should show full size.

Members do get access to their own photo gallery that stores images on the site.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

never figured out how to do this if it is possible, but once I post something on a thread.. it shows up any new post going forward. how can I remove myself from that thread?
Old 03-01-2016, 05:29 AM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by c_me_go
never figured out how to do this if it is possible, but once I post something on a thread.. it shows up any new post going forward. how can I remove myself from that thread?
That would be under the 'settings' tab under your profile. Click the arrow next to your username at the top right of the screen and click 'my settings'. You can change what you need from there.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:00 AM
Site Moderator

The blue box with a checkmark icon means you've Subscribed to the thread:
The blue tag icon means the thread has some (automated) "keyword tags" associated:
The paper clip icon means the thread contains (legacy) attachments:
The pin icon means the thread is a sticky so that it stays at the top of each page:

Then there's the status icons. There's a legend (definition) displayed below the index page. In Summary:

You've posted to the thread and there is no new content in the thread:
You've posted to the thread and there is new content in the thread:
You've posted to the "hot" thread (thread that receives X amount of activity) and there is new content in the thread:
You've not posted to the "hot" thread (thread that receives X amount of activity) and there is no new content in the thread:
You've not posted to the "hot" thread (thread that received X amount of activity) and there is new content in the thread:
You've not posted to the thread and there is no new content in the thread:
You've not posted to the thread and there is new content in the thread:
Thread is locked:
Thread was moved to a new location:

So the arrow within the envelope means you've replied to the thread. The color indicates if the thread is considered "hot" or not based on activity within the thread. The envelope being open or closed indicates if there's new content or not.

New content or no new content is determined based on what threads you've opened and your last visit time. It's temporarily recorded in the database so that you can keep track while browsing via different devices (phone, laptop, desktop, etc.). After X amount of days, those threads are assumed to have been "read", even if they haven't been, and thus marked as such.