Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Stay away from Nationwide Autobody in Schaumburg

Old 02-22-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay away from Nationwide Autobody in Schaumburg

I know I had nothing but praise for Nationwide last year after they fixed my car but this has changed. If I am in the wrong I'll delete the post but I feel they are in the wrong.

The paint on any plastic front bumper is supposed to be somewhat flexible right? A bout a week and a half ago as I was pulling my car in to the garage I pulled up a little too far and bumped in to the plastic wash bucket. I couldn't have been going more than .000001 MPH. After I went and inspected I noticed the paint had cracked. There are several half moon shaped cracks in the paint and some of the paint has chipped off.

Well I thought no big deal Nationwide gave me a lifetime warranty on the body and paint work. I went there this afternoon to see what they would say. I am not a dishonest guy, I did mention how the cracks occurred. In my opinion paint on a plastic bumper should not crack that easily. I once hit a dog with my '95 Eclipse and the paint didn't crack so why would a .00001 MPH bump in to a plastic pail be any worse on my S?

The guy at Nationwide inspected it a little and said it would not be covered by their lifetime warranty. He said the lifetime warranty would cover fading and flaking and then proceeded to offer me an estimate

I am disappointed. They had great customer service last year. Don't know why is was so bad today. Feel free to link this to any of the local boards you may frequent so that anyone in need of bodywork stays far away from Nationwide.

RR
Old 02-22-2005, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's bullshit. Down with nationwide!!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 11:57 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Nationwide has done a dis-service to not only one of my dad's repairs, but also to my sister's car as well.

They are known not to stand behind their work. In fact, I've purposely asked my sister not to get the hood of her car "repaired" by another shop. It helps me prove my point that Nationwide ISN'T a good service provider.

The other stay away-froms are Schaumburg Autobody and ****.

If you want to know who **** is, pm me. I'm trying to get things sorted out from last year's paint fiasco. If it doesn't get sorted, they will be named as well. BTW, I'm more than willing to show the UMW what shoddy workmanship is on my cars now and tell them who it was done by.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:11 PM

Sounds like it wasn't prepped properly, or regular paint was used.

Sorry to hear that!
Old 02-22-2005, 12:24 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Actually it sounds like they may have used a general primer, one without a flex agent additive.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:26 PM

Underneath the silver paint is flat black, I cant tell if the black is the actual body part or if its black primer.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Luder94' date='Feb 22 2005, 04:24 PM
Actually it sounds like they may have used a general primer, one without a flex agent additive.
Sounds the same as what I said

I'm not sure about the S, but most of the cars I've delt with the part was flat black from the factory. Sounds like they didn't prep it at all. If not, it'll be a solid molded color (ex. black) under the paint. Or like Urmil said, if they didn't use a flex agent in the primer, ....

Actually, scratch that... if there wasn't flex in the paint/primer, it would still stick to the molded piece, but it would crack. If it wasn't properly prepped, than it'll chip and flake off.

There's your case.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:31 PM

This is so pissing me off the more I think about it, but I want everyone to know I did not post this to try to get them to fix the damage. After today I dont want them touching my car again. I'll pay out of my own pocket to have it fixed elswhere.

I posted it to keep anyone else from choosing Nationwide and making the mistake I did.

Shawn
Old 02-22-2005, 01:34 PM

contact your insurance company and complain - they may be able to put leverage on nationwide for you - plus they may think twice about using them as a preferred bodyshop in the future.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Got a new quote from 21st Century Insurance company today, it was just a bit cheaper. I will be cancelling my Progressive policy today and informing them that it is because they use Nationwide as their preferred bodyshop. Probably wont do much but maybe the claims adjuster for progressive will hear about it.

Quick Reply: Stay away from Nationwide Autobody in Schaumburg