S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My new headrests.

Old 09-17-2001, 03:22 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Just received my leather headrests from Davies Accessories out of California (an S2000 owner and forum member). This is the fellow that "demonderrick" was talking about when he was trying to get a feel for interest in the center console cover. He didn't really get his thoughts down in print very well so that thread kinda faded away and this company never got a fair look.

Anyway, I got a lead on these headrests and it was a price I couldn't refuse (tail end of the labor day long weekend special). As suggested by Mingster, this is 1 item on my list of "to get" in my pursuit of less wind turbulence in the cabin.

My impressions: Delivery to Canada in just over a week. Quality of materials excellent. Attachment system quite effective and invisible. Installation very easy (took me about 15 minutes to do both sides).

I went out for a quick blast and now with the headrests AND my plexiglass roll hoop inserts, no wind hits me in the back of the head. And an added bonus is I finally have something I can rest my head on without looking like I got a bleeding nose (that's what HEADRESTS are for, right?) I am currently waiting for Rick's full height windscreen to arrive and I'll report back on the "total" package as to how it handles the cabin turbulence.

A couple of pics:

Old 09-17-2001, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks fantastic, how about a website or phone number so I can order?
Old 09-18-2001, 04:44 AM

Xviper, good choice... I bought it from Davie's too.. all I can say is... it is a very well made product... just like what you said, it is very easy to install.... and it takes less than 20 minutes to do so. I highly recommand this product for those of you who wants to buy it... Go for it, you won't regret the product...!! Oh!! I also got the center console from Davie's. It mounts very well, there are 4 holes each side that you could mount with OEM plug. It supprised me how that fits...and how the leather match the color really well.. All I can say is... Thank you David..!!
Old 09-18-2001, 04:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper

...plexiglass roll hoop inserts...

XVIPER,

Did you cut the roll hoop inserts yourself or did you buy them? How are they held in? I have a WindBaffle, made of Lexan, which I could cut to fit the roll hoops. Very interesting idea.

-Greg
Old 09-18-2001, 06:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with SMU1976

Old 09-18-2001, 08:26 AM

Davies,

Met you at the Dinner extended event after the history Irvine meet. Still interested in the headrest too. Got to test it in your silver and it felt great.

Tan
Old 09-18-2001, 08:40 AM

It was a condition that I do NOT print any links to this company that I was permitted to make this post and I honour that. This company is not a forum sponsor and is possibly in the process of becoming one. For now, all I can do is PM you with the information you need.

Triple-H & SMU1976, I will PM you shortly.

gpiazza, Please go to this thread:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...ighlight=xviper
A side note: The plexi was cut with a jig saw with a small trickle of water dripping on the cutting edge. Otherwise, the blade melts the plexi. Also, I have since replaced the plastic "stoppers" that held the plexi in place with a bead of black RTV silicone on both sides of the plexi. Silicone can later be pealed off and cleaned up with WD-40 when I want to put the car back to stock.
Old 09-18-2001, 08:42 AM

Originally posted by SMU1976
Email me if you want this info.
Old 09-18-2001, 09:20 AM

xviper- many thanks, very professional
Old 09-18-2001, 09:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]It was a condition that I do NOT print any links to this company that I was permitted to make this post and I honour that.

Quick Reply: My new headrests.