S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-13-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

This may open the door for flames and may or may not be banned but please hear me out. After reading the article titled "Why the S2k is better then the Evo" on this forums front page I had very mixed feelings.

I bought my car only a year ago so I was able to choose between both the Evo and the S2k. After driving both and considering the pros and cons I chose the S2k.... but it was very close. This is where I'm coming from. Though I obviously like the S2k better then the Evo I don't think it's a better car... they both do different things better and worse.

I believe that though I may agree with some points in the article I don't understand it's purpose. All of the previous articles on the front page were informative talking about S2ks involved in races or how to take better pictures of your car.

This article may have some specific facts in them and even the testimonials are most likely honest, but the title says it all "why the s2k is better then the evo". This is one person's opinion. Articles on a large profressional websites such as this infer a level of legitmacy when put on the front page for all to see. No matter how respected or how much race experience the author may have I don't think this belongs on the front page of the website. If a similar article was on the front page of evolutionm.net with a compromising picture of the S2k talking about how the Evo is better I think it would bother me. I am a car nut and I frequent many different forums for many different cars.... I have never seen an article like this on the front page specifically talking about how one car was inferior to another.

This type of article does not belong on the front page... it belongs in "S2k talk" or "Car discussion"

I think it's obvious all of us here like the S2k better... we bought one for friggin sake. What does this article do? Make me feel better about buying an S2k? Try to put down Evo owners? The author's intention may have been to point the positive points about our car but in my opinion it didn't come out right.

What do you guys think?

Drew Gross: Please don't take this as a personal attack... please weigh in on what you think.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:28 PM

On a S2000 forum, I'd certainly like to see articles such as those or any informative articles/news that involves the S2K.

There would be a problem if the front page had an article about how the Evo was better than the S2K...don't you think?
Old 03-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Jo2

I thought it was an early april fools day joke to be honest with you.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:32 PM

keep this clean and civilized and we can have a discussion...

Have you consider maybe that its not only "owners" that read these forums, and maybe enthusiasts and potential owners would be interested in reading such an article?

...and besides iamhomin is right, we are hardly gonna bash the s2k on this site are we???
Old 03-13-2006, 03:33 PM
vbb

I didn't even notice the article until you mentioned it because I have the forums page saved under my favorites, but now that I've read the article I'd have to agree with you. I don't particularly understand why that article is on the Home page for this website either. It seems to smack of a "my car is better than yours" game or something, and detracts a little from the professionalism that this site is known for.

I don't have extensive time behind and Evo or S2000 on the track, but I have driven both. I obviously own an S2K, and my best friend drives an Evo 9. I've been able to compare both, and for ME it is clear that I'm in the right car. However, he likes the Evo more (go figure). Both are great, and they are just geared to different tastes. The Evo has more power and you can feel it all throughout the powerband. But it's also a lot taller, a lot more "boy-racerish" and not what I'd consider a true sports car. It's a blast to drive, don't get me wrong, and it's faster than my car too... but it's not what I want.

When it comes to dropping around $30K on a car, there are a lot of options out there. Some people choose the S2K, and others choose a lot of other cars. Most of us COULD have bought an Evo instead of the S2K, but we didn't. No need to brag about why our car is better... because it's really just a matter of opinion.

Just my $.02
Old 03-13-2006, 03:35 PM

I don't understand. This is about the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, right?

Why should we be interested in a load of crap comparing a riced-up, turbocharged, four-door sedan to a roadster?

How about a comparison of the H2 and the S? Or a pickup truck or something?

This is apples and oranges, and it's a waste of bits. Further, given the inability of the Evo touts to put a sentence together, it's intellectually offensive.

[flame suit on] HPH
Old 03-13-2006, 03:38 PM

Old 03-13-2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by S2000GT,Mar 13 2006, 04:32 PM
keep this clean and civilized and we can have a discussion...

Have you consider maybe that its not only "owners" that read these forums, and maybe enthusiasts and potential owners would be interested in reading such an article?

...and besides iamhomin is right, we are hardly gonna bash the s2k on this site are we???
You bring up a good point. I believe that many who go on this site are interested in buying a car like the S2000. Don't we want to give these people the most factual information available? Why does one person's opinion about this car supercede everyone elses?

Over course we're not going to bas our cars.... but why do we have to put down another?

I'm not trying to say that we sit around with Evo owners and sing camp fire songs either. Lets keep this forum to what it does best... a place where there is an insane amount of great information on the S2k and how to make it better.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow.. this seems to have really gotten people worked up. I didn't even know it was there til someone else mentioned it in another forum (car talk I think). Honestly..... I never check the homepage, I jump straight to the forums. I read threw it plus read what others said.

Honestly I could care less, but I will say this... the S2000 looks SOOOO much better. Do you think the EVO or STi guess get questioned about what kind of car they are driving like we do? No... they see them all the time (or atleast they see what they are based off of, and 99.9% of people can't tell the diffrence).
Old 03-13-2006, 03:41 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?