S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Detailer's Pride Auto Bath Shampoo

Old 08-01-2006, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailer's Pride Auto Bath Shampoo

Manufacturer's Product Description:
Decades ago, it was widely believed that the best way to wash a vehicle was with dish soap. Later, several luxury car companies recommended washing their cars using plain water. Now we know that washing a vehicle safely requires more than water and soap
Old 08-01-2006, 09:12 PM

I got it with my DP max wax kit and I was excited to use it.. to keep the theme of DP and ended up going back to my Meg's Gold Class because I didn't like it as much.

Just my 2 cents.

-Aaron
Old 08-02-2006, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Aug 2 2006, 12:12 AM
I got it with my DP max wax kit and I was excited to use it.. to keep the theme of DP and ended up going back to my Meg's Gold Class because I didn't like it as much.

Just my 2 cents.

-Aaron
Yeah. Overall I felt the soap was just OK. I don't remember if I've ever tried the Gold Class soap. I may have to give that another try to see if it's on level with Optimum Car Wash and Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds. I know you can get Gold Class for $8 a gallon at Costco. So, that's REALLY cheap.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

btw, i forgot to compliment you on your conclusion...
too often folks think that when they review a product they have to conclude that it is great.
honest reviews are the best!!
Old 08-05-2006, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Aug 4 2006, 11:50 AM
too often folks think that when they review a product they have to conclude that it is great.

The quality of the reviews make this forum unique. It is why I enjoy it so much. For the newbee like me it's a big help.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Aug 4 2006, 02:50 PM
btw, i forgot to compliment you on your conclusion...
It's fairly rare that I come across a product that's absolutely horrible. However, if I think a product isn't 100% up to my expectations I'll certainly make that known in my review.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:51 PM

Just wanted to update you guys on this product. I've now washed 3 different cars with this soap.

During the first use which my review was based on I followed the instructions on the bottle which stated you should add 2 oz. of soap to your wash bucket. I was a little surprised by those instructions, but when I review a product I like to use as the manufacturer instructs in an effort to get optimal results.

During the 2nd and 3rd uses I used 1 oz. of soap per gallon of water in my bucket. This is a typical dilution ratio for car wash soap. Most car wash soaps' instructions state to use this ratio. Well wouldn't you know it, the soap performed better when using this amount. There was more foam, the foam lasted longer, and there was more lubricity.

Also, one thing I may not have mentioned in my initial review is that this soap is extremely free rinsing. This means that it rinses off really quickly. Some soaps tend to stick to the car and you have to use a lot of water to rinse them off, but the DP quickly disappears.

This soap is still not playing in the same league IMO as Poorboy's SS&S or Optimum Car Wash, but using 1 oz. per gallon of water certainly worked better. Used in this proportion I would say this product moved up from OK to good, but still did not reach excellent or outstanding status.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:02 PM

any nation wide retail store i can go to??
Old 05-19-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Only available online. click here to get it.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by drunkens2k,May 17 2008, 03:02 PM
any nation wide retail store i can go to??
I wouldn't waste my money it. If you want something you can pickup locally grab some Meguiar's Gold Class car wash soap.

Quick Reply: Detailer's Pride Auto Bath Shampoo