JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

NA: ITB's

Old 04-06-2007, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NA: ITB's

I've heard of Jenvey, TWM, Toda, Fujita (?). What are the differences and which is believed to make the most peak hp, which has best power delivery, etc.?

thx,
Tom
Old 04-07-2007, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jenvey is certainly the performance leader amongst them. They have the best throttle linkage, easiest adjustment and best air horn design. They also make the most power on the dyno. I have both the TWM and the Jenvy setup, and have driven both on and off the dyno. The Jenvey are certainly more money by a good 50%. I have a set of TWM 50mm I am selling if you are interested, very reasonably priced and they include the lower radiator pipe which you normally would have to fabricate as well as carbon air horns.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:52 AM

theres a new setup coming out in a few months, final products are being tested before production. more info coming in a month or so. most direct bolt on setup as possible with most brackets already fabbed
Old 04-07-2007, 03:02 PM

[QUOTE]superslows2k Posted on Apr 7 2007, 12:52 PM
Old 04-07-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jenvey is certainly the performance leader amongst them. They have the best throttle linkage, easiest adjustment and best air horn design. They also make the most power on the dyno. I have both the TWM and the Jenvy setup, and have driven both on and off the dyno. The Jenvey are certainly more money by a good 50%. I have a set of TWM 50mm I am selling if you are interested, very reasonably priced and they include the lower radiator pipe which you normally would have to fabricate as well as carbon air horns.
great info-thx

I've seen people put on TWM ITB's and AEM EMS and gain about 20-25 whp, I've seen people put on AEM EMS alone and gain about 20-25 whp, and I've seen someone put on Jenvey ITB's AFTER the AEM EMS and gain another peak 2whp.

Maybe throughout the powerband, but I'm wondering if ITBS really give much peak gain at all or if it can mostly be attributed to the required standalone ECU that usually goes with their installation???
Old 04-07-2007, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by tcjensen,Apr 7 2007, 05:29 PM
great info-thx

I've seen people put on TWM ITB's and AEM EMS and gain about 20-25 whp, I've seen people put on AEM EMS alone and gain about 20-25 whp, and I've seen someone put on Jenvey ITB's AFTER the AEM EMS and gain another peak 2whp.

Maybe throughout the powerband, but I'm wondering if ITBS really give much peak gain at all or if it can mostly be attributed to the required standalone ECU that usually goes with their installation???
Honestly, ITBs are more of a support item. Meaning, they are really intended to be used with an engine that can take full advantage of them. The factory Honda stuff is quite good, and the stock manifold really isn't a weak link per say (on a stock engine). When you start playing with big cams, head work, more compression, etc. The ITB's really come into their own. So short answer, no, by themselves ITBs will not give you a significant top end gain over stock manifolds. However, the midrange with ITBs is unrivaled by any common plenum setup for this engine seen thus far.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:21 PM

So would you suggest not going with ITB's till maybe a P&P job,Pistons, valves and other such internal work is done?Cause once I graduate here in July,My plan is to start out by getting an AEM EMS,header,exhaust and some drivetrain upgrades and eventually put ITB's maybe within 6-8 months of the Initial mods, and further down the line work on the Internals.I've always stuck with NA on my cars as I love the sound, just that the s2000 seems to really be missing out on stuff like cams and Intake upgrades.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:26 PM

you can do all of those bolt on with slight head work with a PP intake manifold with a good intake. you would get pretty much the same power as going itb's

but you wont have itb's you wont have the sound, you wont have the reponse and you wont be as cool

i will get more info on the itb's once the final version is complete
Old 04-07-2007, 08:28 PM

lol, yea Never heard ITB's in person ,onyl from a video someone posted on this site and while it was great sounding , i bet its 10x better in person.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:22 AM

ITBs will give you more power then an equal engine setup with the factory plenum or anything offered on the market as of now. ITBs with a good cam grind (which is basically all I have internally) really works great. I wouldn't say you need a lower end or any head work. But done properly it will help. If you are staying NA DO NOT enlarge either the intake or exhaust ports. All of the gains on the F20C head come from valve seat work and chamber work.

Quick Reply: NA: ITB's