San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Planning a visit

Old 01-14-2008, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning a visit

I tried to search but didn't see anything that helped me out. Basically I'm planning a trip to San Diego around Memorial Day and want some inside advice from you guys. Obvious places to visit are the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and the beaches. I was just wondering what else I should do while I'll be there. Any certain restaurants I should hit up? How long do you think I should stay to get a good feel of San Diego? Will I need a rental car to get around? Or maybe a car for just a few days? Should I plan a trip up to L.A.? I'll be coming with my g/f, and we are both 23. If you could help me in any way, or give me some advice, I'd appreciate it. Or if you'll be out of town and want to "rent" out your S2K, let me know! haha, like anyone would do that. But any help you guys can give, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Kevin
Old 01-14-2008, 05:39 AM

Medical records, Bank Statements, Birth Certificate and a copy of your insurance. I'll be in Iraq then and my baby could use a spin around the block.....
Old 01-14-2008, 07:36 AM

Helps to know where you're coming from, so that we know what you got back home.

Honestly, make sure you hit downtown for the night life at least one night. You guys are 21+ so you can enter any bars, check out the feel of it, have a couple drinks, and walk around to another bar.

Balboa park is nice during the summer, lots of families there with their kids, and it's always nice and warm. Not too far from Downtown, so you could do that the same day as above.

If you're from out of state (and not Nevada ) then stop by an In-N-Out when you see one. They got some great food. Like grilled fast food but excellent.

To get a good feel, I would recommend at least 4-5 days, maybe even a week. There's a lot to San Diego. I've lived here my whole life and still haven't gotten around to everything.

You could always make a trip up to LA, but honestly, San Diego is where it's at. If anything else comes to mind I'll add it up here. Mostly, just explore, go to the amusement parks while you're here, and enjoy the weather and people of San Diego.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:49 AM

make sure to stop at a ghetto hole-in-the-wall Mexican joint and have some carne asada fries.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by quicksilvers2k,Jan 14 2008, 08:49 AM
make sure to stop at a ghetto hole-in-the-wall Mexican joint and have some carve asada fries.
Carve? LOL Will..

That's Carne Asada to you, sir.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by 619Nick06,Jan 14 2008, 08:51 AM
Carve? LOL Will..

That's Carne Asada to you, sir.
I know, I fixed it. iPhone doesnt understand Spanish I guess
Old 01-14-2008, 09:00 AM

And I guess I don't understand English. I was trying to pronounce it car-vey, not carve. LOL *facepalm*

Also, depending on when you're coming in, there are races in San Diego at the stadium. You can check out www.racelegal.com and plan an evening for that if you're in town. Let us know which day and I'm sure a couple people would be willing to give you a show.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:23 AM

Check out Sea Port Village, the shopping in downtown is pretty good as well. If your a baseball fan and season has started check out a Padres game. Alot to do for sure, so i'd rent a car. And don't go to LA. You will spend an entire day in the car sitting in traffic or looking for parking to see anything good.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Banned

eat at:

Wings N Things...

Phils BBQ...

Super Bronco (mexican food, the good stuff)...

go to:

Sunset Cliffs...

Tijuana ...

Mt Soledad...

La Jolla...

Old 01-14-2008, 01:31 PM

Ya you definitely want to check out downtown clubs on a Friday or Saturday night. But be ready to spend at least $10 a drink and possibly some $ to get in. Stingaree and Envy were voted the 2 best in California.

Quick Reply: Planning a visit