New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

>>> NY Metro Classic Thread <<<

Old 03-27-2008, 08:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default >>> NY Metro Classic Thread <<<

I saw so many good threads in here that I hate to search for it long time later. So I'm trying to see if we can have link to these good and fun threads. I know there are tons of them but right now, I see 2 that I really want to have it.

this one is old but good.
The Metro Crew

this one is so fun that it's already a classic.
Photoshop flame wars!

post your nominations!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think having a central place for some threads we would all like to keep is a good Idea I like Anuj to dig up some more of those older threads too like I know we did a photo shop thread a few years back that was pretty funny some good ones with Allen in them I think this is a good Idea

Now the other problem where to put it... always a tuff one to get everyone to agree on that
Old 03-28-2008, 06:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

initially, I thought about sticking this but I hate to put another sticky on our over-flowing stickies. then it struck me. I have some reserved post in meeting calendar thread below the calendar. people can suggest the threads in this thread and I can add to the post in meeting thread.

of course if we do it, I'll change the meeting thread title to "meeting and classics". LMK what you think.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=nibble,Mar 28 2008, 10:29 AM] ... I have some reserved post in meeting calendar thread below the calendar.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:41 AM

What is so confusing Mary ?

Paul that isn't a bad Idea like I said I like the idea of keeping some of these great threads together so we can look at them time and again but not quite sure how or where to put them maybe some others will make suggestions as you know that will be the hard part
Old 03-28-2008, 06:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I like Paul's idea of keeping the great threads together...

But I think putting anything into the meeting thread, that isn't meeting related would be very confusing...

In my opinion, the classics need their own thread.
Something similar to how Khoa and Dave's thread is one thread with several sub threads inside...
That worked out really well.

One more sticky would make it an even 10 of them.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:31 AM

Received 793 Likes on 439 Posts

What about ONE sticky, that is effectively the link to any of the other threads of importance. That way, you wouldn't need to sticky all of those - people could just use the one thread as a 'bookmark' of all the other threads. Mary's post about Khoa/Dave is this idea.

To Paul's point - there are a lot of stickie's already, some of which get a post every few months, some for posterity or memories, and some for up to date information. Adding more stickies to threads people like would mean the normal daily threads would be limited on the first 'active' page.

The other thing is that people could actually use the subscribe feature to monitor and stay active on the threads that are important to them. Is it worthwhile for the COs to determine what the 'good threads' are?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary,Mar 28 2008, 11:31 AM
What about ONE sticky, that is effectively the link to any of the other threads of importance. That way, you wouldn't need to sticky all of those - people could just use the one thread as a 'bookmark' of all the other threads. Mary's post about Khoa/Dave is this idea.

To Paul's point - there are a lot of stickie's already, some of which get a post every few months, some for posterity or memories, and some for up to date information. Adding more stickies to threads people like would mean the normal daily threads would be limited on the first 'active' page.

The other thing is that people could actually use the subscribe feature to monitor and stay active on the threads that are important to them. Is it worthwhile for the COs to determine what the 'good threads' are?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:02 AM

I think they could join the Who's Who thread.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:13 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary,Mar 28 2008, 11:31 AM
What about ONE sticky, that is effectively the link to any of the other threads of importance.

Quick Reply: >>> NY Metro Classic Thread <<<