Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Operation Southern Comforts

Old 08-27-2008, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Operation Southern Comforts

So here's the deal guys. Our Honda brother Sean(civicson234) is over in Iraq serving with the US Air Force, to protect the freedom of this great nation we all take for granted. Ive got his APO mailing address, and would like to ask our fellow members to donate a few items to send over to him and his unit.

I ran the idea by Jerome and Julie, and they gave me permission to use the Three Mountain Tour as the collection site. I figured if we all brought a few items to the meet, we could have enough things to send over, to help make their lives over there just a bit more comfortable.

List of items suggested:

Deodorant
toothbrushes
toothpaste
bar soap
magazines (NO DIRTY MAGS)
Cigarettes (NO LIGHTERS/MATCHES)
Possibly a few good quality cigars (NO LIGHTERS/MATCHES)
beef jerky
sunflower seeds
snack crackers
gum, mints, hard candies ect. (NOTHING THAT WILL MELT IN THE HEAT)

This is not a comprehensive list of things that can/will be sent, but only suggestions. Anything you think might make their lives a bit easier over there is also a good idea. Just remember, no hazardous materials, no aerosols, and nothing else that the post office wont mail.

I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING AND CASH DONATIONS. ONLY GOODS/ITEMS THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED YOURSELF WILL BE ACCEPTED. I WILL COVER SHIPPING COSTS.

Also, if you would like to send a thank you card, or a note to the troops thanking them for their service, I will include those in the boxes that we send over there. Just remember, the troops need our thoughts, prayers, and support, NOT OUR OPINIONS!!! Please do not include political messages or anti-war messages in your notes.

If you have any questions, or suggestions, please let me know. Also, if you're not going to be able to make it to the meet, and would still like to contribute, you can PM me for either my address, or the address to Sean's APO.

Thanks alot guys!! Lets show our troops how good this community is!!!

James
Shotgunjimmy309@yahoo.com
Old 08-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds good man i am game. pm me your addy and i will send some goodies
Old 08-27-2008, 08:32 PM

oh and for shreveport group if you guys wanna make donations drop them off with me at the store and i will ship it for you.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:57 AM

I just wanted to say to everyone that i really appreciate this, and i speak for the rest of my unit when i say thanks! In times like these, its always appreciated when we see people that still care about us, even if they dont care for the job we are doing. Im glad to know that there stilla re a few good people out there who understand the hardships we go though. Once again, id like to say thanks, and im looking very forward to coming home! Only 46 days to go!
Old 08-30-2008, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you guys need any boresnakes for cleaning your rifles?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:14 PM

Our unit, being in the Airforce and an aircraft maintenance unit, dont have any rifles. If it came down to an aircraft maintenance unit needing to use them, we would have some serious trouble! If you wish, those would be better of being sent to the Army units. I do not know their adress, but im sure you could find it out by contacting the USO. I know they would greatly appreciate it, since i know it is a common complaint about the lack of proper cleaning equipment.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:57 PM

got some presents. i hope you like hannah montana stuff!!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 PM

LOL Seriously?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 PM

operation southern comforts is still on guys. we'll still take donations at the three mountain tour, but i dont think they'll make before sean leaves. we can still send to his unit, or another unit if we choose to do so.

thanks
james

Quick Reply: Operation Southern Comforts