European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Service bulletin

Old 06-14-2002, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service bulletin

Hi guys,

I received this morning a service bulletin from Honda Netherlands.

Honda had found out that there are 2 problems:
1) cooling of the engine (#4 cylinderproblem??).
2) loose coils

The solutions are:

1) New bolts in the engine with extra holes to create better
flow of the oil.
2) New seating material for the coils.

Did you guys also receive this letter?
Old 06-14-2002, 06:45 AM

Hi I also posted (and quite a bit more) in the 'Under the Hood' forum. Let's take the discussion overthere, it appears the Americans don't have this bulletin yet.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:59 AM

Hi Ronald,
I got the letter too today from Honda Benelux.
I called my service dept and they had instructions from Honda already.
Fix 2 is not for the coils but for the loose spark plugs.
In 2 weeks I'll have it fix with the sceduled maintenance service.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:12 PM

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the update.
I called the Honda dealer in Luxembourg and he confirmed the service bulletins are being issued. However he thinks this only affects 2001 models.
He will get back to me on Monday with more details.

Victor.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:53 PM

Maarten, thanks for the correction.

Victor, nice they also know the problem in Luxemburg. I wonder whether you will get a letter stating the problem. But hey that's why we have this community! My dealer thought it was for all models. Even MY2002!
Old 06-15-2002, 01:12 AM

Guys

I imported my 02 model which arrived to UK from Belgium in April. Would this apply to my S2K ? I recently called my preferred UK dealer because of a ticking sound (about 8ticks/sec approx.) he told me it could be the injectors and to try revving the car and releasing the throttle, if it is injector noise, then the ticking should stop whilst the revs are dropping and then start again when idle picks up again, this did not happen, but I wonder if service bulletin may have something to do with it ?
Any thoughts ?

Chris
Old 06-16-2002, 03:45 AM

Just had something to do with the oil feed replaced on my car. Honda(UK) had my car for five weeks to carry out other work, as I have lost faith in the dealer network here. They asked if they could perform the update, although the bulletin has not gone to the dealers yet.

It's a sump off job, so they replace the engine oil. Might want to check in advance with the dealer, to check what they intend to replace it with.

Mine was built in '99, so I guess that it applies to every car built. There was a delay in obtaining the parts, so it is likely to be a very recent design update. IMHO the recall will apply to the 2002 model as well.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:22 AM

I have called the Honda dealer today who called Honda Belgium and they confirmed this is going to be a worldwide recall for all models (2000, 2001 and 2002).
The recalls have started in Germany and the Netherlands. They will start beginning of July in Luxembourg, Belgium and Switzerland.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,

Hmmm... How does this affect the US spec models?

As you might know I have imported my own US S2K when I moved back to the Netherlands last December and by that my warranty is void, because Honda of America only does that in the States.

Can any one Dutch member try to inform for me if one of the dealers can help me out? If anything, I would be willing to pay some sort of cost to improve the durability of my engine. Maybe one dealer could help me out with this, and I will put my car in service at this place for any future needs/maintenance.

Thanks for your help in advance! I am looking forward to your responses!
Old 06-25-2002, 02:37 PM

Hi Peter,

I'll try to phone my dealer tomorrow for you, already did it today for Victor. I think they are willing to do it. Have you contacted Honda Netherlands for the guarantee? I suppose you should get factory warranty also overhere for your car.

Greetings,
Ronald

Quick Reply: Service bulletin