Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

Meet and Greet Sep. 10th (7pm)

Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meet and Greet Sep. 10th (7pm)

I need to know if everyone wants to go to Santa Fe steakhouse again for a meeting spot. I loved the fact that we could all park together and no one really messed with our cars. I know the food was kinda slow, but hey, there was a lot of us.

We need to keep this on a schedule as well. Going off of last night, we'll make it the 2nd Thursday of every month at 7pm wherever the meeting place is.

We also need to decide on where we are going to take pictures at (if any) before we get to the meeting place. That was one giant cluster. I really liked the parking garage and suggest we go there again because of lighting and space. No more alleys, unless it's during the day, which is unlikely due to peoples working schedule.

Just post up any suggestions to make this event better, places to go, places to eat that are centralized near the majority of people, just anything that would help.

On the 1st thursday of the month we will have to come up with a definite place to meet so that everyone can get directions if needed, figure out how long it will take them to get there, and to just be prepared.

Thanks, and it was a pleasure.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really don't like Sante Fe, or anywhere on I-240 simply because it breaks up the group leaving to go somewhere.

I know we tried to keep it together, but once we got to the I-240/I-35 ramp, it was broken up.

There's some good places in Norman right off I-35, or even Ozzie's Diner at the Norman Airport. Would give us access to Flood onto I-35 which is a straight on-ramp with no stops before it.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:32 PM

I know it's not that much further to Norman from I240, but you have to figure, would you want to drive from tulsa to norman, then back at 1 in the morning???
Old 08-14-2009, 01:14 PM

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Tulsa peeps don't have to come. I'm all for meeting the second Thursday every month. Tell me where to meet at
Old 08-14-2009, 03:10 PM

Well, I guess I could keep chosing where to go, but I figured I see what everyone else wanted to do...

And it'd be kinda crappy of us not to make it available to them... You're right, they don't have to come, but that'd cut out like 5 cars. Not fair.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AFs2k,Aug 14 2009, 12:32 PM
I know it's not that much further to Norman from I240, but you have to figure, would you want to drive from tulsa to norman, then back at 1 in the morning???
Yeah yeah... understandable. Was just a suggestion.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

we could always do Pops off of Route 66 in arcadia
Old 08-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Pops has abundant parking, it's away from city traffic and is less far for Tulsa (and Edmond) peeps. One thing to keep in mind is that it doesn't have to be at the same place every time.

Hats off to you guys for taking initiative to organize a regular meet!

P.S. If at all possible, I would suggest avoiding this intersection. That had to be one of the most confusing things I've ever seen. I sure am glad it wasn't a weekend and that there wasn't really any traffic.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:20 AM

If you're lookin for a peanut house... why not Texas Roadhouse? Same style, but much better food in my opinion

There's one on Penn & Memorial in Northern OKC!

And as Joe & Julie said, Pops is great too! Looking forward to this one.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:17 AM

I was thinking about pops haha. I was going to suggest it, but I didn't want people to think I am trying to push a place on everyone. Rt66 would be a good place to take pics with all the old crap out that way for backgound.

Texas roadhouse is a great choice based on the food... but I hate it when it's peoples birthday. I hate loud people in general, but they take the cake... (somewhat of a pun intended)

Also you have to figure, A LOT of people go there and their parking lots are always full. We wouldn't be able to protect our babies as well, and we wouldn't be able to get group shots then either. I think I may call them and see if I put a deposit down, will they reserve parking spots for us. I doubt it, but it's worth it.

Keep giving me suggestions so I can set this up and make everyone

Quick Reply: Meet and Greet Sep. 10th (7pm)